The Summer Analyst Program is a 10-week program beginning in June, that offers an intensive hands-on introduction to Compliance at Morgan Stanley.
Summer Analysts may be placed with a compliance advisory team that is aligned with one of our businesses or a team covering specific compliance areas, such as financial crimes, regulatory relations, trade surveillance, information controls, and global monitoring and testing. Collectively, these teams are integral to the firm’s global compliance risk management program.
Summer Analysts will participate in a Firmwide orientation to Morgan Stanley’s businesses and division specific training. Your training will continue throughout the summer with structured learning sessions run by executives. Similarly, you will have many opportunities to integrate with peers and colleagues through a series of networking, social, charity and mentoring events.
What You Will Do
- Conducting due diligence reviews (for example, financial crimes concerns) of clients during the account opening process.
- Conducting monitoring and surveillance of transactions, employee activities and communications.
- Performing transaction and control-based testing of Firm processes and controls to mitigate risks.
- Analyzing regulations, rules and various proposals; drafting and coordinating regulatory updates and compliance bulletins.
- Conducting research and assisting with responses to various regulatory inquiries and examinations.
- Reviewing and drafting policies, procedures, compliance manuals and developing/updating related training courses.
- Participating in compliance risk assessments and analyzing the compliance environment and controls for a line of business.
- Attending meetings with internal clients.
Required Skills and Abilities
- You are pursuing an undergraduate Bachelor’s or Master's degree with a graduation date between October 2023 and July 2024.
- Students from all majors are welcome to apply.
- Track record of academic excellence.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize a variety of data to produce well-designed, meaningful summaries and reports.
- Adept at solving problems and developing efficient processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Fluency in English required, and Asian language skills preferred.
- Job type:Internships
Business and Commerce, Compliance
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:25th Sep 2022, 6:00 pm