The Fixed Income Industrial Placement Program is a six-month program based in Hong Kong or Singapore.
Interns receive on-the-job training, benefit from working alongside experienced professionals on meaningful projects, and build their skillsets in a dynamic and evolving environment. In addition, the program features a Lead Management Speaker Series, desk teach-ins, networking events, community service, performance reviews, and a robust mentorship program.
Industrial Placement Interns begin with a one-day orientation where they are introduced to the Firm’s businesses and learn what it’s like to be an employee at Morgan Stanley. They will then attend Sales & Trading division-specific training where they learn core skills essential for success.
The curriculum includes daily market updates, business-specific overviews, and basic product and technical training.
What You Will Do
- Sales - Understand how a client base is developed and maintained; create investment ideas; learn how we sell and cross-sell the Firm’s products; represent the Firm when interfacing with clients on important business issues.
- Trading - Assist in generating trade ideas and analysis; support all aspects of the market-making and trade execution process, from providing research analytics on trades to relative value analysis.
- Structuring - Learn how to build valuation models to help issuers and investors optimize a transaction’s economics, and quantify sources of value and risk.
Required Skills and Abilities
- You are pursuing an undergraduate Bachelor’s or Master's degree with a graduation date between October 2023 and July 2024.
- While no prior knowledge of finance or sales & trading is required, you must have a keen interest in finance and markets.
- You are analytical, adaptive, possess a strong work ethic, are a leader yet team player, as well as a multi-tasker.
- You possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English required, and Asian language skills preferred.
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:25th Sep 2022, 6:00 pm