Morgan Stanley’s Institutional Equity Division (IED) is a world leader in the origination, distribution and trading of equity, equity-linked and equity-derivative securities. The Division services a global Institutional client base, providing clients with innovative product solutions that help to generate alpha within their portfolios.
- Cash Equities: Morgan Stanley is a global leader in executing transactions in cash equity and equity-related products for institutional clients around the world. These products include common stocks, global depository receipts and exchange-traded funds.
- Sales teams work closely with Chief Investment Officers, Portfolio Managers, and Traders to deliver meaningful market insight and expertise, facilitating introductions to product experts throughout the Division and Firm to help clients successfully achieve their investment objectives.
- Equity Derivatives: Across global equity derivatives markets, Morgan Stanley is a leading provider of execution services and solutions. Our product suite encompasses equity options, equity swaps, warrants, structured notes and futures on individual securities, indices and baskets of securities.
- Sales and Trading teams are responsible for helping Institutional clients identify and implement cost-efficient, suitable trading solutions, providing pricing and liquidity, and managing firm risk.
- Prime Brokerage: For more than 30 years, Morgan Stanley has set the standard for excellence in the Prime Brokerage space. Our strong client relationships, market-leading technology and seasoned product experts have positioned us as an industry leader in financing, market access and portfolio management.
Our Capital Introductions, Business Consulting and Risk teams each play a critical role in the day-to-day management of hedge fund operations, positioning our clients to raise new capital and effectively run their businesses.
The Institutional Equity Division’s Summer Analyst Program is a 10-week program that begins with one week of classroom training, followed by two rotations across the division.
All Industrial Placement Analysts will receive on-the-job training and be exposed to a wide variety of roles, products and services throughout IED, working alongside experienced professionals in a fast-paced, client-facing, and market-driven environment. Industrial Placement Analysts will have the opportunity to broaden and strengthen their respective skillsets, collaborating with individuals across IED on meaningful projects and initiatives.
In addition, the Program features a Management Speaker Series, desk teach-ins, cross-divisional networking events, community service events, performance reviews, and a robust mentorship program.
The program begins with a one-day orientation where Industrial Placement Analysts are introduced to the Firm and primary businesses within, as well as to one another at our opening Firmwide networking event.
For the remainder of training, interns will attend divisional-specific events designed to help develop the core skills required for a successful program.
What You Will Do
- Sales - Work alongside experienced employees to learn how we build our client base and establish and maintain long-term client relationships. Assist with developing and presenting investment ideas and the fundamentals of selling and cross-selling the Firm’s products.
- Trading - Develop and execute trading ideas and analysis, and support all aspects of the market-making trade execution process, from research analytics on trades to relative value analysis.
- Structuring - Use innovative and solutions-based approach to designing both investment and risk management products across all asset classes.
- Research/Strategy - Analyze market fundamentals and liaise with researchers to develop investment recommendations for internal and external clients.
- Analytics - Provide quantitative and qualitative analytics around client revenue and profitability; work to efficiently manage commission dollars by creating increased transparency around the services that clients value.
Required Skills and Abilities
- You are pursuing an undergraduate Bachelor’s or Master's degree with a graduation date between October 2023 and July 2024.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- You are collaborative, a quick learner, adaptable, versatile, a multi-tasker, enjoy solving problems, and possess a strong work ethic.
- While no prior knowledge of finance or trading is required, must have a keen interest in finance and markets.
- Fluency in English required, and Asian language skills preferred.
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:25th Sep 2022, 6:00 pm