Placement and Duration
As the nexus between Investment Banking and Sales & Trading (S&T), Global Capital Markets (GCM) includes traditional market coverage and underwriting groups, as well as a number of product groups focused on providing customized capital structure solutions for our clients. Our objective is to teach you how to structure and execute capital-raising transactions for the Firm’s clients. The environment is market-driven and reflects that of a trading desk where you could potentially sit beside your Managing Director. The Summer Analyst Program is a 10-week program during which you will be placed in one of our main departments: Equity Capital Markets or Fixed Income Capital Markets. The roles and responsibilities vary by group. Summer Analysts are exposed to the deal process—including business development, origination, structuring and execution—and will gain an understanding of how the different areas of the bank including Corporate Finance, S&T, Research and Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), interact.
What you will do
This intensive 10-week program includes a Firmwide orientation to Morgan Stanley’s businesses and division specific training. Your training will continue throughout the summer with structured learning sessions run by experienced executives. Similarly, you will have many opportunities to integrate with peers and experienced colleagues through a series of networking, social, charity and mentoring events.
- You will spend the summer in Equity Capital Markets or Fixed Income Capital Markets, building a foundation of financial skills and a solid understanding of the markets.
- You will have an entry level and experienced mentor to aid in your development and to provide greater exposure to GCM and the Firm.
- You will be encouraged to take on responsibility quickly and help bridge various topics from new trends in the marketplace to group overviews.
- You will participate in a mid-summer and end-of-summer evaluation to ensure that you are honing your skills and receiving timely feedback on your performance.
Required Skills and Abilities
- You are a university student in your penultimate year of study or first-year Master’s student with an outstanding academic record and a strong interest in financial markets.
- You are well rounded and possess exceptional interpersonal and analytical skills, as well as the drive to push through challenges to achieve results in a collaborative fashion.
- Fluency in English is required. Asian languages are preferred in AP countries outside of Australia.
- Job type:Graduate jobs
Banking and Finance
- Closing Date:14th Oct 2018, 6:00 pm