The Exceptional Challenge 2017
Show Your Artisanal Collection
Participants have to enroll in the competition on individual basis. The competition is divided into two categories, one for Audio / Video submission and one for Image / Text submission:
Audio / Video category
Image / Text category
Participants can enroll in two categories at the same time. Submission of different formats of works/presentations such as art pieces, drawings, poetries, photos, articles are highly encouraged.
Participants shall be current undergraduate students from Hong Kong, Mainland China and Overseas Universities.
- "Like" our Facebook Page "New World Talent" and "Follow" our Instagram Page "newworld_talent"
- Submit your final production/ works by uploading it to our "newworld_talent" Instagram Page. All submission should be added with hashtags:#NewWorldIntern#TheExceptionalChallenge2017 #ShowYourArtisanalCollection @newworld_talent
- Send a private message to "New World Talent" on Facebook with your personal information including your full name, name of university, major of study, year of study, name of Instagram account, email and contact number for verification purpose.
The top 50 participants in each category (Audio / Video category and Image / Text category) will be shortlisted. These 100 participants (50 from Audio / Video category and 50 from Image / Text category) can proceed to the Artisans Hunt directly.
One winner of each category will be selected among them by our judging panel. The two winners will be granted the internship offers directly. An exclusive learning journey in China will be offered.
- Simultaneous enrollment in both the Mainstream Online Application and The Exceptional Challenge 2017 is welcomed.
- The duration of Video/Audio category submissions should not exceed a total of one minute. For Image & Text category, the number of photograph submissions is limited to five, and Text submission is limited to 300 characters per article.
- Top 50 candidates in each category who have not been offered with the internship opportunity through this path will be invited to join the next round of assessment called Artisans Hunt.
- Late submissions will not be considered.
- The submission of the participant will not be considered if he/ she did not fulfil the pre-requisite to "Like" "New World Talent" Facebook Page and "Follow" "newworld_talent" Instagram Page.
- The works should not include any element of obscenity, indecency, assault or violence. The Organizer reserves the right to commence legal proceedings or take such other appropriate actions of whatsoever nature in respect of such submissions.
- The submissions should not contain discriminatory content or promote discrimination on race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, or marital status. The Organizer reserves the right to commence legal proceedings or take such other appropriate actions of whatsoever nature in respect of such submissions without further notice.
- Participant must not infringe the privacy and rights of any other party. If the submissions contain personal data of a third party (such as the image of a specified third party in the form of photograph, picture or video), the participant shall obtain the consent of such third party for the use of his/her personal data (including submitting such works to the Organizer pursuant to these regulations) in accordance with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance
- The Organizer reserves the right to handle or remove any submitted works that involve controversial or sensitive content. The participant shall be solely liable for any liabilities or legal consequence arising out of or incidental to his/her submissions.
- The Organizer reserves the right to use, amend, reproduce, exhibit, publish and distribute any submitted works for publicity and other non-profit and non-business purposes. The Organizer will not make any payment to the relevant participant or other parties in respect of such use.
- The participant must be the sole owner of the intellectual property in his/her submissions. The submissions must be the participant’s original work, and shall not contain any infringing materials.
- The Panel reserves the right to amend the regulations any time at its sole discretion without prior notice. Prior to the enrollment, participants are expected to read the regulations carefully. By submitting your work you accept these regulations and agree to be bound by them.
- In case of any disputes, the decision of the Organizer shall be final and conclusive.
- Should there be any discrepancies between the Chinese and English versions of competition rules, the English version prevails.
To apply for our internship programme, two channels are provided below. Candidates can apply through both application channels simultaneously or either of them.
- Mainstream Online Application
Candidates can apply through the mainstream channel via our website including online application, screening, assessment centre ("Artisans Hunt") and interviews.
- The Exceptional Challenge 2017
The Exceptional Challenge 2017 is an additional application channel provided this year. Candidates need to submit a creative work on New World Talent Instagram page "newworld_talent". Selection criteria will be based on 1) Creativity, 2) Originality and final decision from judgment panel.
If you believe that you can rise to the challenge and are confident to be our future New World Talent, please complete the online application here on or before 27 April 2017 and submit your artisanal work on or before the same date if you are joining The Exceptional Challenge 2017.
Please note that application via other channels will not be considered.
Should you have any enquiries, you may contact us at [email protected]
Mainstream Online Application
The Exceptional Challenge 2017
Online Application/Works Submission
31 March – 27 April 2017
Application / Submission Deadline
27 April 2017
Assessment & Interview
May – June 2017
Notification of Successful Applicants
Like and follow us on our New World Talent Facebook page!