Help us reimagine money - We believe that now is the time to democratize financial services so that moving and managing money is a right for all citizens. We are driven by this purpose, and we uphold our cultural values of collaboration, innovation, wellness and inclusion as our guide for making decisions and conducting business every day.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. Our One Team Behaviors demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
During your internship, you would join a scrum team and work with other leaders and experienced team members to contribute to the design, implementation and testing of critical services of large-scale systems. You would get the chance to demonstrate your potential of developing high-quality maintainable software and play a major part in the expansion of PayPal into new markets.
What You Will Do
During your internship, you should expect to gain:
- Understanding and hands-on experience of various technologies used in large scale complex back-end systems (such as NoSQL/SQL DBs, Rule Management Systems, Enterprise Application Monitoring, REST APIs etc).
- Software design and development skills.
- Code craftsmanship.
- Application of agile methodologies in real projects.
- Experience of working as part of a team in a large organization.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Experience in team-based software development, be it school-driven or self-initiated.
- Hands-on experience of software development in Java language.
- Familiarity with version control systems (e.g. Git, SVN).
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs, JSON, Spring, Jenkins, SQL are desirable but not required.
- Willingness to learn new skills and technologies.
- Experience in open-source contributions is a bonus.
- Passion to make a difference!.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:13th Jun 2020, 6:00 pm