EDGE is a 3-year graduate programme tailored by PwC across Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.
A career in our Corporate Finance practice, within Deals Corporate Finance services, will provide you the opportunity to deliver innovative deal solutions to our clients, provide advice and support, from initiation through to deal completion. In short, we’re a part of helping some of the world’s leading companies across industries originate, create, execute, and realize value from deals. Through data driven insights we help our clients move in the right direction to ensure maximum value for their company.
Our team focuses on playing the role of lead financial advisers in sell-side and buy-side transactions.
We are looking for associates to join us in September 2021.
What You Will Do
Years 1 to 3 (EDGE Programme):
Upon commencement, you will attend an intensive 1-month PwC Valuation Masterclass course which will help you develop the necessary skills to work on valuation and financial modelling projects. Thereafter, we will facilitate and sponsor you for the Chartered Valuer and Appraiser Programme to further develop your Business Valuation skills.
Your first year will involve two 5.5-month rotations – one in Corporate Finance and the other in - Valuations and/or Financial Due Diligence.
In your second year, you will have the opportunity to work full-time (6 months) on Corporate Finance engagements to further cement your technical foundation. There will also be an elective rotation (6 months) to one of the following business units - Strategy, Due Diligence, M&A Operations, Business Recovery Services or Capital Projects and Infrastructure.
In your third year, you will spend 6 months in Corporate Finance and the other 6 months in another area of Deals (similar to your second year).
Year 4 onwards (Specialization):
In your fourth year, you will specialize Corporate Finance competency. This is where you integrate your valuation experience and sector knowledge to advise our clients on their evaluation of M&A and Infrastructure project opportunities, or on restructuring and turning around their businesses. In the process, you’ll learn about the deal dynamics and financial intricacies of various industries.
The objective of this rotational programme is to grow your internal network, provide you with a solid Valuation foundation while giving you the opportunity to develop more diverse knowledge across multiple Deal's competencies before specializing into Corporate Finance in your 4th year.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Final year Accounting, Business, Finance, Engineering or Economics student from local and overseas universities.
- Students from other disciplines may also be considered if you have an aptitude for a career in Deals.
- You should have an impressive academic and co-curricular achievement record.
- We are looking for natural-born leaders. Outstanding sportsmen and women will be considered favorably.
- You should be a results-oriented self-starter and a bright team player who is resourceful, possess strong business acumen and have the ability to think laterally and outside the box.
- You should be able to work independently and effectively under pressure and be highly adaptable in a dynamic environment.
- Other essential attributes include excellent analytics and communication skills.
- Fluency in other languages will be an added advantage.
- A willingness to travel is essential.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business and...
- Closing Date:12th Jun 2021, 6:00 pm