Graduate Trading and Treasury Operations Analyst
- Opportunity to work in a world class organisation
- Exposure to global operations, processes and stakeholders
- Work in a collaborative and fast paced environment.
About the role
We are looking for a Graduate Trading and Treasury Operations Analyst to perform critical treasury activities involving, (i) daily bank account reconciliation, ii) confirmations, iii) cash settlement and wire transfer activities, (iv) Liaise with global banks and financial institutions internationally, (iv) advise and provide guidance on treasury operations to the business and (v) Deputize for and support other Trade and Treasury Operations team members. The role provides an opportunity for in-depth understanding of Treasury operations and core principles as well as exposure to trading concepts in equity, derivative, fixed income, foreign exchange and risk management.
What you will do
Reporting to the Manager, Trading and Treasury and Cash Management, you will be:
- Executing day-to-day back office tasks in an accurate, efficient and timely manner, including confirmation, settlement and recording of all treasury transactions
- Monitoring and executing efficiently day to day Business Unit in-house banking requirements
- Ensuring all tasks are executed in line with approved Treasury policies/procedures, controls and deadlines
- Reconciling Treasury bank accounts daily and resolve all discrepancies/reconciliation items in due time using own initiative and investigations
- Monitor trade lifecycle events, including maturing trades and rate resets, following-up with appropriate Treasury personnel to ensure that they are aware of upcoming maturities
- Self-starter who collaborates well with internal and external stakeholders. Driving solutions to ensure efficient delivery of Treasury services
- Delivers strong month end close activities and perform back-up responsibilities to ensure that operational activities are adequately covered to support the needs of the business
Required Skills and Abilities
Our graduate positions are designed to give you the support and training needed to ensure you are successful in the above position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or other related field Qualifications
- Strong Team player, contributes to building a positive team spirit through contributions in team settings & key working groups in the organization. An ownership mentality, willingness to roll up the sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals
- Possess ability to influence teams with competing priorities and to work cross functionally with Business, Share Services, Finance, Accounting, Tax and external banking partners. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, with all levels of the organization
- Proven track record in getting things done, managing multiple tasks and consistently delivering on schedule
Where you will be working
The Commercial group is focused on maximising the value of our products; growing value in the marketplace through partnership with the company’s customers, suppliers, product groups and Group functions. Headquartered in Singapore, and integrated with Rio Tinto’s assets, hubs, and offices globally, the Commercial group provides the commercial insights to drive value along the mine-to-market value chain.
The Commercial group incorporates and utilises the knowledge and capabilities of our global Sales & Marketing, Procurement, and Marine & Logistics organisations, supported by the Market Analysis, Commercial Treasury and other functions, to ensure our approach to business is driven by a commercially-astute and innovative mind-set.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Accounting
- Closing Date:9th Apr 2019, 6:00 pm