Do you dream of working in a company that is driven by a meaningful purpose? An inclusive company that empowers you to do your best and be innovative?
At Schneider Electric, we believe access to energy and digital is a basic human right. We empower all to do more with less, ensuring Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, at every moment. We provide energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability.
We are looking for a 6-month intern to join us latest from July - December 2021. This position is only available for students who have valid students pass/ permit from Universities in Singapore.
Schneider Electric Energy Access Asia (SEEAA) is a 20M€ impact investing vehicle, set up as a simplified joint-stock company with variable capital governed by French law.
Its main purpose is to contribute, specifically in Asia-Pacific and the world’s most disadvantaged communities, to Sustainable Development Goal 7 (SDG 7) – Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all – by financially supporting companies whose operations have an impact on SDG 7.
SEEAA is primarily investing in equity in early-stage companies whose main objective is to provide clean energy services to households and/or businesses with no, poor or polluting energy access. The target companies can be, for instance, manufacturers of innovative products or solutions, system integrators, distributors of such solutions, microgrids operators for off-grid areas, among others.
SEEA Asia purpose is not only to bring seed and/or early-stage money for the investee companies, but also to build a strong and long-lasting partnership with the entrepreneurs, sharing their vision in terms of impact and providing them with the skills, network and competencies that SEEAA and Schneider Electric team can bring, to help them grow. This requires a good understanding of the energy access sector and impact investing space, the challenges of social ventures as well as strong interpersonal skills.
What You Will Do
Contributing to SEEA Asia’s current Operations:
- Contributing to deal-flow generation by the team conducting market research, networking and building long-term relationship with key stakeholders.
- Conducting market research on the South East Asian and Indian market.
- Conducting financial analysis and due diligences of the companies in the pipeline.
- Preparing materials to be used in investment applications and defending opportunities for consideration by the Director of Investments and Advisory Committee.
- Organizing and implementing existing investments’ follow-up processes, including monitoring potential risks, social and financial performance and reviewing of management information and compliance with covenants.
Contributing to SEEA Asia Development and Day-to-Day Tasks:
- Setting up the required tools to follow-up the impact indicators required by SEEA Asia’s LP’s.
- Creating relevant content to communicate on SEEA Asia activity and SEEAA’s portfolio companies’ activity
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong commitment to the social objectives and values of the Schneider Electric Access to Energy program.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Financial analysis skills.
- Proactive with the ability to deliver results.
- Autonomy and team spirit.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with focus on Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or Economics.
- An investment management certificate / financial analyst certificate / Experience in social business / volunteering are a plus.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Administration, Banking and Finance, Economics
- Closing Date:4th May 2021, 6:00 pm