Our Alternatives Sales Unit Graduate Programme is at the commercial heart of Schroders, moving our products from the manufacturing source (Private Assets/investment teams) to our clients. Our commercial teams work closely with our investment teams developing innovative products, focusing particularly on risk and reward features that deliver the intended results and meet the needs of our clients. The global nature of our business, with offices and clients all around the world, means that our teams have to have an international focus. We need to ensure that we keep ahead of competitors in selling our investment products and solutions intelligently and with integrity, and in marketing and communicating effectively. Schroders has an industry-leading edge in terms of excellent client service and building long-term relationships, on which we place a high priority.
We are looking for entrepreneurial graduates who are excited by the changing landscape of the investment management industry and the way we interact with our clients. You will undertake a two-year development programme across different areas within the client focused teams, including our Alternatives business. Together with your peers, you will join a technical training programme which introduces you to all aspects of the Investment Management business in preparation for the Investment Management Certificate Exam and CFA qualification.
The Alternatives Sales Unit Graduate Programme will provide you with the practical and theoretical experience to prepare you for a global career within investment management.
The Alternatives Sales Unit (ASU) is responsible for bringing Schroders’ Alternatives strategies to market, which include Private Equity, Private Debt, Real Estate, Infrastructure Finance, Securitized credit and Hedge Funds (both GAIA and non-GAIA). This team is led jointly by Investment and Distribution, sitting within the Distribution function. The ASU works together with local sales teams to bring specialist knowledge and expertise to our clients.
As a graduate trainee joining the Alternatives Sales Unit team, you will be trained in a range of business functions such as business development and client servicing through extensive on-the-job trainings directly with clients mentored by other experienced members of the team and coordinating with internal colleagues to deliver a quality level of client servicing. The graduate trainee will provide sales support to the team, which includes preparing pitch materials, assisting with prospect development, managing CRM input, conducting analysis and will include client interaction. Responsibility will grow with the development of product and market expertise.
The successful candidate will be deadline driven with strong attention to detail and can identify inefficiencies and improve processes. A basic understanding of one or more areas of Alternatives would be preferred.
What You Will Do
- Work with the Alternatives team across the region to support the achievement of our strategic objectives.
- Provide a high level of active support for business development including RFPs, roadshows, client events, fundraising campaign management, handling ad-hoc client requests, presentation preparation, competitor analysis and prospect research.
- Develop and coordinate the thought leadership initiatives of the group.
- Some client/channel/market management over time and as appropriate.
- Active role in account planning, maintaining the pipeline and ensuring internal data systems reflect our activity properly.
- Understand and manage requests from different members of the team. Be able to prioritise and communicate outcomes clearly.
- Invest time in learning key alternative asset classes. The goal is to become a specialist and an Alternatives Executive.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Graduates with a strong academic record, including a 2:1 honours degree or above/equivalent.
- Likes to sell, enjoy people, open to different views, able to debate, aware of “what’s going on”.
- An aptitude for innovation.
- Excellent internal and external communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong attention to detail and deadline driven.
- Analytical skills and ability to conduct competitor analysis and basic modelling.
- A high level of energy, discipline, tenacity and self-motivation with a proactive and positive attitude.
- Impeccable character with high ethical and quality standards.
- Deadline driven, ability to prioritise and to interpret what is important.
- Engaged, interested and motivated by the build.
- Meticulous attention to detail; accurate, efficient with a focus on time management.
- Ability to manage multiple workloads and deadlines at a given point in time.
- Ability to work independently, using your own initiative, within a team environment.
- Confidence to challenge convention, identify efficiencies and implement improvements.
- Ability to consider and implement process change and articulate the benefits of that change.
- Ability to work well independently and within a team.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:20th Feb 2020, 6:00 pm