We are a team providing critical test platform development, sustaining, and support to the reliability technology engineering group, the design center engineering, and the factory quality assurance group. Utilize state of the art software engineering technology to provide test automation running on test fixtures to validate and qualify Seagate next-generation storage product designs.
What You Will Do
- Act as a Test Development Engineer based in Design Center, for design phase product validation test development (EVT, DVT, Reliability, etc).
- Join the development of a software-defined storage solution (both SW and HW), that serves the Data Platform for data transfer & storage from Endpoints through the Edge and to the Core.
- With the documented test requirements passed down by the Program Manager (RPM) and test engineers, understand the test cases/algorithm and convert them into respective test software/script packages under a common test platform.
- Join the test development scrum meeting, take tasks in each sprint planning, work with team members in different sites, and deliver the test package on time.
- Follow the defined test development process, ensure code changes are properly tracked, validated, and checked in.
- Support to maintain and update test suites in the database as requested, and work on script automation and migration into a common test platform.
- Join the development of the common test platform base library and user interfaces.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering and/or equivalent experience
- Experienced in the development environment with Linux, and knowledge in Linux kernel and structure.
- Proficient in programming with Python (or Perl) and Linux shell.
- Project experience with team collaboration with Agile/Scrum planning and development.
- Knowledge/experience in traditional data storage and/or software-defined storage domain is an advantage.
- Good communication skills, passion for teamwork, and able to deliver in a fast-paced environment.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering Electrical
- Closing Date:16th Feb 2021, 6:00 pm