The Engineering and Technology team is at the core of the Shopee platform development. The team is made up of a group of passionate engineers from all over the world, striving to build the best systems with the most suitable technologies. Our engineers do not merely solve problems at hand; We build foundations for a long-lasting future.
We don't limit ourselves on what we can or can't do; we take matters into our own hands even if it means drilling down to the bottom layer of the computing platform. Shopee's hyper-growing business scale has transformed most "innocent" problems into huge technical challenges, and there is no better place to experience it first-hand if you love technologies as much as we do.
Database Engineers take care of all database servers in Shopee and help to deliver large scale applications of e-commerce. We are looking for people with a passion for database, programming, and architecture design. High-potential fresh graduates with no prior experience are welcome.
What you will do
- Responsible for MySQL and other relational database administrations and management (capacity planning, installation, backup, recovery, monitoring, optimizations, troubleshooting, etc)
- Support development teams and production teams for database designs and implementations
- Review existing system architecture and contribute to improve on the future architecture for database stability and a maximum of performance
- Define and develop projects that reduce database operational costs and automate regular tasks
- Research and develop new technologies and approaches for building highly available data persistence systems
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science or related fields
- Less than 1 year of experience welcomed
- Familiar with SQL and relational database theory and knowledges
- Experienced with online production MySQL database operations
- Familiar with scripting languages (at least one of Shell/Python)
- Familiar with Linux systems, good system troubleshooting skills
- Functional English (written and oral) communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, at critical situations under pressure as well as day-to-day operations
- Detail oriented, agile, flexible
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities
- Experience in system administration or development (Preferred)
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Information Technology
- Closing Date:13th Mar 2021, 6:00 pm