We are a major communications player in Asia Pacific with strategic investments in regional mobile operators, Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines), Advanced Info Service (Thailand) and Bharti Airtel (India), which has significant presence in Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Africa.
This SGUnited Programme provides traineeship and enterprise attachment opportunities to equip you with valuable industry experience.You will have the opportunity develop your skills professionally and gain an understanding of our business.
Technology continues to reshape how we live and we are proud to be nurturing talents for the digital economy. We are awarding exciting opportunities to Singaporeans with the passion to pursue a career in the Information and Communications technology (ICT) Industry. You can look forward to acquiring invaluable professional and soft skills.
Fresh out from school and thinking about how you can gain valuable industry-relevant experience? With SGUnited Traineeships, new and recent graduates can join approved host companies to develop skills professionally and receive a training allowance.
What you will do
Practical work experience in various operational and functional areas, and participation in some fascinating projects too; Personal coaching & mentorship by our experienced team.
A blend of on-the-job training and e-learning through the Singtel Group’s digital learning platform, #CURIOUS, which features over 150,000 virtual learning courses.
A Network Specialist is the technical specialist for Singtel’s IP network infrastructure and providing technical support to resolve incidents. He/she also provides technical assessment, root cause analysis and improvement plan to prevent similar incidents from recurring again.
- Handle escalations from Operations team on IP network and services.
- Troubleshoot and resolve faults or issues in IP network and services.
- Take lead in handling complex issue and chronic problem, identify root cause and preventive actions.
- Review infra related changes to ensure successful implementation without service impact.
- Perform risk and impact assessment on the hardware, software, security advisory.
- Responsible for Change, Incident, and Problem management and ownership from technical aspect.
- Support engineering teams on new product/feature implementation, node deployment and all technical matters.
- Support the expansion, upgrades and roll-outs of new network infrastructure.
- Participate in tools automation and improvement to enhance operational capabilities.
- Conduct training for other teams including Tier-2, CTS, Provisioning team.
- 24 x 7 standby support
Required Skills and Abilities
We are looking for young people with a passion to create a better future with technology, and the potential to influence others to do the same. We have a broad range of opportunities across business, corporate functions and ICT.
Recent graduates (2019 & 2020) and those with working experience (graduated 2018 or earlier) may apply. Recent graduates should possess the minimum qualification specified. The minimum qualification may be waived for those with working experience.
- Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or similar discipline
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology
- Closing Date:14th Jan 2021, 6:00 pm