What We Offer
Our Graduate Program is a two-year elite program with the following aims:
- Provide you with a unique opportunity to kick off your dream career
- Build solid foundations for your future growth and development
- Give you a chance to contribute to the development and success of the bank
During the two-year program, intensive and comprehensive talent management approach will be adopted to develop your skills and professional expertise.
You will be part of the Global Markets group which brings together the Equities, Fixed Income & Currencies capabilities with the objective of providing investors with one integrated multi-asset market solutions team.
You will work within the transversal data analyst team, taking rotations to support Financial Engineering and Structuring, Sales and/or Trading.
Data Analysts possess a unique combination of technical skills and business insight, as well as strong communication and ability to build relationships. They use these skills to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders to provide timely, accurate, and comprehensive data to our clients. You will work over the process of analyzing data from descriptive to modelization approaches, covering any topic considered as a priority by Global Markets management to enhance our profitability, manage better our risks or serve better our clients.
- Work with the business teams and sponsor to translate their business needs into data objectives
- Identify the internal or external data sources / datasets relevant to answer those objectives
- Do exploratory data analysis to identify patterns, trends and discover insights in order to refine the objectives
- Prepare the datasets to be used in the analysis based on the original datasets
- Implement the appropriate solution (BI dashboard, machine learning model) to answer the objectives
- Propose improvements to the business based on the interpretations of those results
Final year students or recent graduates of Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from a leading academic institution in a highly quantitative field (Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, Physics or similar) with excellent academic results and the following qualities:
- Good programming skills with modern development languages (Java/C#/Python…) is required
- Good Knowledge of rational database & No-SQL (Cassandra, Hadoop, Elastic Search) is a plus
- Experience in maintaining/contributing to open source projects will be appreciated
- Advanced knowledge in probability and statistics is required
- Prior experience in data-driven quantitative research will be an advantage
- Knowledge of research (R, SciKit) and machine learning (Tensor flow) framework is a plus
- Innovative and passionate about technology
- Open and inquisitive mind, strong interest in research
- Strong leadership potential and interpersonal skills
- Superior analytical and critical-thinking
- Self-motivated, mature, and possessing a strong drive for excellence
- Strong team work and communication skills
- Excellent command of English
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:7th Nov 2021, 3:00 pm