Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients’ projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
Offer within the Equities & Derivatives Asian desk. The candidate will work on both Sales & Trading but will primarily be focused on the Sales side.
This department offers to regional and worldwide customers a panel of derivatives solutions on a broad range of products, encompassing stocks, indices, warrants, ETF, plain vanilla and exotic options, execution services on almost all Asian markets.
In this role, you will have exposure on transversal and comprehensive view of the trading activity and of the products traded, as well as experience in a dealing room and in a multicultural environment.
What you will do
- Assist COO and Management on the follow up of the activity (PnL, Costs, Headcounts) with a focus on Sales side
- Assist in Project Management – Lead and/or support projects within the business line
- Provide operational support to day-to-day Business (Sales and Traders plus interaction with Support team)
- Control operational risks (perform, monitor and develop controls)
- Help Heads of Trading Desks on Management presentations (requires a good understanding of financial products and operational efficiency)
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
Required Skills and Abilities
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Business or similar
- IT Skills: MS Office, VBA
- Sound financial knowledge of Equity & Derivatives products
- Ability to pitch projects to develop the business line
- Good interpersonal skills (daily interaction with Sales and Traders)
- Ability to handle pressure and fast-paced working environment
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a 3 to 4-month full-time internship with Societe Generale in Hong Kong whereby you will work within one business line / support function for the period. In order to apply for an internship opportunity with us, please ensure you are currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and that you are available for the 3-month period on a full-time basis.
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:19th Oct 2019, 6:00 pm