The Risk Management (RISQ) Division in Hong Kong. Independent from the Business Lines, RISQ Division's mission is to contribute to the development of the SG Group's activity by facilitating the objectives of the Business Lines while maintaining independent oversight through risk evaluation and monitoring. The RISQ division in HK supports all the Group’s activities in the Asia-Pacific Region.
The mission of the Operational Risk Second Line of Defense department (RISQ OPE) is to provide independent, objective and leading operational risk management challenge and oversight services to assist the firm in maintaining an effective system of operational risk management.
RISQ OPE conducts the oversight of the governance, risk and control frameworks and tolerances of Operational Risk. RISQ OPE provides proactive advice to help management identify and measure key risks, and to evaluate controls in existing and expanding businesses. An objective is to accompany the employees and raise awareness on the importance of operational risk management which is based on the principle that “everyone is an operational risk manager”. RISQ OPE organizes and/or tests the soundness and efficiency of the operational risk framework, especially on governance, risk identification and mitigation as well as permanent controls.
What You Will Do
Part of the Operational Risk management team - The intern will take part of studies to explore the following - Capture, gather and consolidate several data stream into structured format for advanced analytics.
- Leverage on scripting capacity to develop analytics in Python.
- App general data analytics concepts to identify pattern, outliners, etc.
- Create classification algorithm and leverage on machine learning techniques.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, with Mathematics, Computer science, business IT, data science or similar.
- Knowledge of Python or R languages, having interest for data analytics and /or data science.
- Interest in exposure related to data analytics fundamental concepts in the corporate world.
- Good communication, capacity to interact with stakeholder from multiple teams.
- Demonstrate the capacity to work in a team environment on collective success.
- Display responsibility and act ethically.
- Display commitment, demonstrating consideration for others.
- Fluent English is mandatory.
- Innovation - Simplification: I make things & ideas simple.
- Innovation - Technology: I include technological breakthroughs in the strategies implemented.
- Innovation - Change management: I lead my team through the change process.
- Responsibility - Courage: I express my convictions and make decisions with courage in line with the Group's strategy.
- Responsibility - Risk: In order to improve the Group's security, I am constantly on the lookout for risks.
- Team Spirit - Open mindset/Respect: I listen and share my views and my expertise in an open mode.
This is a 1–3-month full-time internship with Societe Generale in Hong Kong whereby you will work within one business line / support function for the period. In order to apply for an internship opportunity with us, please ensure you are currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and that you are available for the 1–3-month period on a full-time basis.
- Job type:Internships
Business and Commerce, Computer Science, Data...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:21st May 2021, 6:00 pm