Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients’ projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
As part of the Business Support Unit, the IT team oversees development and support of tools used by Delta 1 and Security finance traders, sales, and operation teams. The team is composed of 15 developers and application support analysts in Hong Kong. All the developers are based in the dealing room and interact daily with users.
What You Will Do
- Understand users’ requirements and be able to design and propose solutions.
- Develop/enhance applications for Security Finance and Delta1.
- Lead small initiatives to improve team processes.
- Work with the team to offer innovative technological solutions and new perspectives on issues.
- Communicate and report to IT peers and business teams.
- Be fully autonomous to collect requirements, design solutions and implement them.
- Be creative and innovative and propose better solutions whenever possible.
- Be open-minded and curious to help rationalize and maintain the existing systems.
- Foresee possible issues to avoid them in early development stages.
- Be aware and curious about new technologies to share their benefits and explore them.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently studying towards a Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or similar.
- Engineering/analytical mindset - Able to develop well-structured and simple solutions; enjoys delivering solutions to business.
- Curious, self-learning and autonomous - Not afraid to learn and pick up new skills (both technical and functional).
- Passionate about technology - Proactive, innovative, likes to stay up to date with latest technologies and trends.
- Some financial knowledge is a plus (Equity derivatives, equity finance preferred).
- Core Java or Kotlin development (Java 8, Spring boot) is desirable.
- Some knowledge in Python is desirable.
- Modern software development practices - Agile methodology, Continuous Delivery, Cloud Computing (Micro Services, Docker, etc.) is a plus.
- Fluent in English is mandatory.
This is a 3 month full-time internship with Societe Generale in Hong Kong whereby you will work within one business line / support function for the period. In order to apply for an internship opportunity with us please ensure you are currently studying towards a Bachelors or Masters degree and are available for the 3 month period.
- Job type:Internships
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:14th May 2020, 6:00 pm