INTERN: Financial Institutions Group
- Work closely with Bankers and Relationship Managers (RMs)
- Assist in preparing client pitch books, client meetings, research on special projects
- Conduct research/analysis and prepare documentations and reports (such as company profile, briefing notes, presentations, etc.)
- Assist in account opening/closing, new client on-boarding (including KYC)
- Ensure data integrity in client referential
- Coordinate with other departments of the Bank to ensure seamless delivery to client requirements
- Currently studying towards a Bachelors or Masters degree in Banking, Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics or similar
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple assignments from different team members concurrently while prioritizing the duties assigned
- A team player that is self-driven, responsive, positive attitude, resourceful and able to work independently
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Fluent English is mandatory
- Commitment - Exemplarity: I embody the Group’s values
- Innovation - Simplification: I make things & ideas simple
- Client - Client focus: I put long term relationship with our clients at the center of my actions, whatever my position
- Client - Understanding and Respect: I listen to clients and colleagues in order to understand and anticipate their needs
- Responsibility - Performance: I strive for high performance
- Innovation - Thinking out of the box/Creativity: I propose new ideas and solutions
This is a 1-3 month full-time internship with Societe Generale in Hong Kong whereby you will work within one business line / support function for the period. In order to apply for an internship opportunity with us, please ensure you are currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and that you are available for the 1-3 month period on a full-time basis.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 133,000 employees based in 61 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
The Financial Institutions Group (FIG) was created to better serve a key clientele (banks, insurance companies and international financial institutions) with specific needs by gathering the intelligence and the technical expertise necessary to cover FIs.
GLBA/FIG aligns coverage and product expertise and provides an integrated and global offering to banks, insurance and international financial institutions.
GLBA/FIG professionals are dedicated to fostering an IB approach to client interaction, and to delivering the entire bank to clients in a product neutral manner.
The department is characterised by three main areas: coverage with FI bankers, Senior Bankers and Relationship Managers, and IB teams comprised of M&A as well as Capital Structure and Equity Capital Markets professionals, and all the functions in charge of providing support to coverage teams for both strategic and target clients, including the risk monitoring.
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:All Disciplines
- Work rights:Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
- Locations:Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:27th Mar 2023, 3:00 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.