Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients’ projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 10,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialized financial services.
As part of the Architecture team, the team oversees development solutions and validate their architectures. Inside this team composed of IT architects and software engineers, you will have developer role to design workflows and develop API to automate several processes with in-house tool.
What You Will Do
- Assist to implement workflows business activities.
- Reinforce and advocate production best practices across all IT and operation team.
- Assist with production data quality control with statistical input including support activities tracking, major incident follow-up control.
- Lead small initiatives to improve team production processes.
- Work with the team to offer innovative technological solutions and new perspectives on issues.
- Be fully autonomous to collect requirements, design solutions and implement them.
- Be creative and innovative and propose better solutions whenever possible.
- Be open-minded and curious to help rationalize and maintain the existing systems.
- Be aware and curious about new technologies to share their benefits and explore them.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently studying towards a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or similar.
- Demonstrate the capacity to work in a team environment, on collective success.
- Display responsibility and act ethically.
- Display commitment, demonstrating consideration for others.
- Engineering/analytical mindset: Able to use scripting and programming language to build Workflows, automate tasks (Unix scripting, windows batch, Python, Java or C# etc.).
- Curious, self-learning and autonomous: Not afraid to ask questions, eager to learn and pick up new skills (both technical and functional).
- Passionate about technology: Proactive, innovative, likes to stay up to date with latest technologies and trends.
- Modern software development practices: Agile methodology, Continuous Delivery (Micro Services, REST API) is a plus.
- Fluent in English is mandatory.
This is a 1-3-month full-time internship with Societe Generale in Hong Kong whereby you will work within one business line / support function for the period. In order to apply for an internship opportunity with us, please ensure you are currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and that you are available for the 1-3-month period on a full-time basis.
- Job type:Internships
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:30th Jun 2020, 6:00 pm