TRAINEE: CLD KYC Controls Office
The CLD Controls Office team is a pillar that supports 3 core functions: oversight function over the end-to-end client due diligence, data projects & tools, and employee experience. The trainee will work on various subjects relating to Anti-Money Laundering / Know Your Customer (AML/KYC) and regulatory regulations.
- Perform analysis and research to support the CLD control framework and issues arising from compliance, audit or controls and present the findings in a cohesive manner.
- Assist to support change management of new / changing regulations and/or enhancements of KYC tools by updating local procedures and training materials.
- Organise and prepare departmental documents such as presentations, performance metrics.
- Develop strategies to reduce manual work and improve the quality and control of our data with the goal to reduce the risk of error & to enhance client experience.
- Work on initiatives aimed at automation and efficiency gains such as identifying manual reconciliation processes and work to automate these processes. Collect APAC data quality automation requirement and translate business requests into technical requirements for automations.
- Assist to perform taxonomy & operational process reviews across Asia with all CLD teams, share best practice and identify redundant or time-consuming tasks that would benefit from automation• Assist to work on tasks set by other CLD teams as and when required.
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Business or a Science subject (graduated in 2022/2023), an analytical degree is preferred.
- Eager to learn and willing to work on a variety of assignments.
- Ability to adapt quickly to challenging situations and find innovation solutions.
- Demonstrate the capacity to work in a team environment on collective success.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Proficient in Excel (use of formulas & VBA/macros (and PowerQuery) for data manipulation and presentation)
- Proficient in Word (use of Design, Layout, References & Review functionality)
- Proficient in PowerPoint (use of Design & Format functionality)
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
- Client - Understanding and Respect: I listen to clients and colleagues in order to understand and anticipate their needs.
- Team Spirit - Synergies: I make cooperation with colleagues in and outside my team a priority
- Innovation - Change management: I support change
- Innovation - Simplification: I make things & ideas simple.
- Responsibility - Performance: I strive for high performance.
- Commitment - Care: I demonstrate consideration for others.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region.
The Client Lifecycle & Digital Department (CLD) resides as part of the Wholesale Clients Technology & Operations division within Global Banking and Investor Solutions (GBIS).
CLD’s mission is to deliver a state-of-the art digital platform, targeting both users and clients in covering pre-trade, execution and post-trade activities. CLD aims to grow our internal client knowledge and deliver a user-friendly experience through the client lifecycle, while mitigating risk to protect the bank. The department consists of the following teams:
- Existing Client Management (ECM) – responsible for all KYC reviews and client lifecycle events
- New Business Onboarding (NBO) – responsible for all new client onboarding activities
- Client Experience Management (CXP) – responsible for providing our key clients with bespoke services, and acting as a final escalation point to address client incidents and requests
- Controls Office (COO) – responsible for risk management and controls, audits and regulatory examinations, KYC and regulatory change management and advisory, quality assurance and controls testing, client data and employee experience
- Transformation (CLT) – responsible for global KYC technology initiatives impacting CLD.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:All Disciplines
- Work rights:Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
- Locations:Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:20th Mar 2023, 3:00 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.