Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients’ projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 10,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
The candidate will be a member of the Hong Kong Compliance department under the Compliance Control team (CTL) in charge of assessing controls performed by the First and Second Lines of Defense departments to mitigate compliance risks. The team carries out compliance review assignments based on a yearly control plan defined.
This position constitutes a very good entry point into a leading financial services group, and a valuable experience in the Compliance department as well as in transversal & organization functions of the bank.
What You Will Do
- Collate different sources of information to produce a monthly compliance risk analysis to share with CTL.
- APAC team key compliance risks (based on internal incidents, policy updates, internal audit results, latest regulatory developments and enforcements, etc).
- Assist in the construction of risk-based APAC annual control plan and ensure follow up.
- Support the run of CTL governance and reporting by compiling various indicators, management information and dashboards for different stakeholders.
- Work closely with fellow team members and Global CTL team to maintain and enhance the tools used by the CTL APAC team.
- May contribute to other projects such as offshoring initiatives.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Business School or specialize in internal controls or similar Previous experience in a financial institution (preferably in Compliance, Risk, Internal Audit, or Operations).
- Proficiency in Word / PowerPoint / Excel including Macro (required to be able to compute data and perform some analysis on raw data).
- Able to articulate your ideas well in both verbal and written manner.
- Highly adaptable, well-organised and able to multitask.
- Fluent English is mandatory.
This is a fixed term 12-month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full-time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:22nd May 2020, 6:00 pm