Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients’ projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
Debt Capital Markets group has responsibility for advising issuers (corporates, financial institutions and public-sector entities) on their issuance strategy in the primary debt capital markets, and executing the related transactions. SG’s strengths reside primarily in cross-border offerings in public or private format.
The Trainee’s primary function will be to support the experienced staff from origination to execution/closing of transactions and meaningfully contribute to the profitability of the group.
What You Will Do
- Prepare updates of relevant capital markets data.
- Assist in the preparation of marketing documents (market update, peer analysis, secondary pricing performance, primary pricing indications).
- Monitor primary market developments (recent transactions, pipeline and market rumours).
- Assist in execution of transactions.
- Perform regular research on latest product developments and potential/existing business opportunities.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Economics, Business, Finance or similar.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, highly numerate.
- Good knowledge of fixed income markets and derivatives.
- Commitment to work demanding hours with a positive attitude.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Willingness to step up in a small team environment.
- Good command of Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Bloomberg would be a plus.
- Fluent English and Mandarin is mandatory, Cantonese would be a plus.
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:6th May 2020, 6:00 pm