Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. Societe Generale provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
The Research Trainee will be based in Hong Kong. The successful candidate will be given a first-hand experience of mainly economic and rates strategy research within the field of investment banking, learning the ropes of data gathering and analysis, publication production and client marketing.
This position offers the opportunity to work with one of the best ranked teams within economic research in investment banking. The team is based in multiple geographies and works closely with the front-office business lines.
What You Will Do
- Assist with development of economic and rates analysis drawing on available datasets under the guidance of the experienced economists/strategists.
- Manage the production process of team documents.
- Assist on the smooth functioning of client servicing.
- Assist the team on client marketing activities.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Economics, Mathematics, Finance or similar.
- Professional and articulate at all times dealing with internal and external parties in a confident and professional manner, both face to face and by telephone.
- Strong planning skills and the ability to support the Asia Chief Economist and the team with a proactive approach to enable them to stay on top of the workflow.
- Able to deal with a quickly changing environment in a calm and efficient manner.
- A flexible approach to work.
- Able to prioritize different tasks and requirements.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Able to build good working relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to take responsibility and work independently.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Fluency in English and Chinese is mandatory.
- Job type:Graduate jobs
Banking and Finance, Economics, Mathematics
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:26th Jan 2019, 6:00 pm