Trading Team is in charge of executing equity derivatives trades on behalf of clients, and risk managing the resulting exposure on the banks’ trading books. The Trainee will cover all equity derivatives products, with a specific focus on exotic options. By nature of the trades, the trainee will also have to familiarize himself with secondary position risks on the following asset classes (Rates, Credit, Foreign exchange).
What You Will Do
- Support trading team on day-to-day operations.
- Maintain and improve existing spreadsheets and tools used by the desk.
- Develop on specific products a deep understanding and knowledge of parameters impact on pricing.
- Develop new products and strategies under the lead of a lead trader.
- Look at the risk systems and tools and understand book deformations.
- Establish good relationships with sales and structuring departments.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Hold a relevant Master’s degree in Finance, Engineering, Math, Machine Learning or similar.
- Previous experience in a trading floor environment is a plus.
- Microsoft Office, in particular Excel; good coding skills in VBA and/or Python.
- Proven analytical, computer and interpersonal skills as well as writing, communication and presentations skills.
- Strong team player who can demonstrate creativity and initiative.
- Strong interest in financial markets and understanding of complex products.
- Fluent English is mandatory.
- Team Spirit - Synergies: I make cooperation with colleagues in and outside my team a priority.
- Team Spirit - Collective mindset: I favor the team’s interest over my own results.
- Team Spirit - Open mindset: I listen and share my views and my expertise in an open mode.
- Innovation - Simplification: I make things & ideas simple.
- Innovation - Thinking out of the box/Creativity: I propose new ideas and solutions.
- Innovation - Technology: I adopt new technologies in the solutions and projects I work on.
This is a fixed term 12-month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full-time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Engineering, Mathematics
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:5th May 2021, 6:00 pm