- Perform trade bookings and assist with pre-trade/post-trade workflows.
- Be the liaison and coordinate efforts with functions across the Bank (Middle/Back-Office, Risk, Onboarding, IT, Legal).
- Run business analytics reports (P&L, Hit Ratio).
- Develop/learn market knowledge (products payoffs, investment strategies, trading practices).
- Maintain and improve trading/derivatives analytics for idea generation (charting tools, backtesting).
- Maintain tools (automation of repetitive tasks) and identify opportunities to improve processes.
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance/Engineering/Economics or similar
- Good coding skills (VBA and/or Python), with good problem solving-skills.
- Strong interest in Financial Markets and Derivatives (option pricing theory and greeks), willing to expand knowledge with practical experience.
- Strong attention to details. Process oriented. Value consistency.
- Possess a growth mindset and is focused on the long-term.
- True team player, willing to work as a partner and able to build strong relationships.
- Able to multi-task, and work/deliver under-pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Fluent in English; with clear/concise communication skills. Enjoy working in cross-cultural environment.
- Willing to learn, to be challenged and to make an impact.
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
- Team Spirit - Synergies: I make cooperation with colleagues in and outside my team a priority
- Commitment - Sustainability: I strive to develop my skills and knowledge
- Responsibility - Risk awareness: I am constantly on the lookout for risks
- Client - Risk: I strive to satisfy clients while taking into account risks for the company
- Client - Client focus: I put long term relationship with our clients at the center of my actions, whatever my position
- Commitment - Exemplarity: I embody the Group’s values
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 133,000 employees based in 61 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
The candidate will be part of the Equity Derivatives department within SG Global Markets. More specifically he/she will work in the Equity Derivatives Sales team based in Hong Kong. The team covers Global Institutional clients, ranging from traditional Asset Managers to the most sophisticated Hedge Funds. In close collaboration with the Trading team, the desk deals in a wide range of Equity Derivatives products (including Equity swaps, vanilla and exotic options, volatility and variance swaps) on Asia-Pacific Equity.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:7th Aug 2022, 3:59 pm