ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong.
Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management.
In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
Export Finance (EXT) has global responsibility for the origination, advisory, structuring and implementation of financing for export of capital goods and associated services.
This business line is responsible globally for the Group's relationships with Export Credit Agencies (ECA) and public development agencies supporting exports and overseas investments.
What You Will Do
- Participate to the origination and execution, together with the leaders of the team, EXT Business Units and other applicable Global Banking and Advisory (GLBA) Division business lines, export finance transactions in Asia Pacific involving ECAs and/or Development Finance Instituitions (DFIs).
- Assist the leaders in developing EXT relationship with Sinosure, the Chinese ECA, in close coordination with the coverage teams and participate to the origination and execution, together with other applicable GLBA business lines (if any), of Sinosure-covered transactions globally and whether project finance, buyer credit or other.
- Contribute to development of relationship with EXT clients portfolio (Asia-based exporters / sponsors) in cooperation with the corresponding Primary Client Relationship Units (PCRUs).
Required Skills and Abilities
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Economics or similar.
- Proficient Microsoft office skills, esp. PowerPoint and Excel.
- Understanding of basic banking and financing knowledge and principles.
- Fluent English & Mandarin (Chinese reading and writing) is mandatory.
This is a fixed term 12-month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Economics
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:8th May 2021, 6:00 pm