Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients’ projects. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
Finance Department (DFIN) works for the Asia Business Unit to support our activities from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialized financial services. Finance Chief of Staff (DFIN/COS) is responsible to support regional CFO to define the roadmap for Asia region & monitoring the progress, also responsible to monitor the department costs & headcounts as well as to support all the transversal topics for the region.
This Trainee will report locally to the DFIN COS Asia team.
What You Will Do
- Provide all the necessary support to COS on the oversight of the off-shoring hub in Bangalore (~100 staff supporting Asia Pacific finance teams).
- Support Digital Transformation in liaison with the Information technology project team.
- Assist COS to prepare the Asia Pacific roadmap and progress update presentation to management and staff.
- Consolidate the Regional risk indicators report and perform the 1st level analysis.
- Assist to drive the ad-hoc and regular transversal topics with the EXCO members in Asia Pacific (8 locations).
- Support & coordinate the internal event organization i.e. All staff meetings, pop-up events & trainings.
- Assist with general communication and coordination of transversal topics of the department.
- Assist with ad-hoc support on COS functions.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Master’s degree in Business, Technology or similar.
- Proficient in Excel with knowledge in VBA an advantage.
- Strong in Office pack with knowledge in Banking & Finance and strong appetite for Digital technologies.
- Fast learner who is persistent, resourceful and autonomous.
- Multi-tasker, who can juggle multiple projects and prioritize tasks with conflicting deadlines to ensure on-time completion.
- Good team player, approachable, adaptable and flexible.
- Strong analytical sense.
- Ability to give a synthetic overview & to drive the change.
- Good communication skills.
- Fluent English is mandatory.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Business and Commerce
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:31st Mar 2020, 6:00 pm