- Design and implement solutions that address user’s local requirements
- Collect and analyse customer requests into detailed stories by interacting with Product Owner /Business Analysts
- Develop code using Software Craftmanship best practices such as behaviour/Test driven development, continuous integration/delivery/deployment, legacy refactoring tasks
- Develop code leveraging a diverse technology eco-system and deliver working software across multiple layers of the technology stack
- Participate in testing, deployment and production activities of the team to ensure production stability
- Support and maintain the portfolio of applications
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information System or similar
- Proven years of C#/.NET related technology development and PL/SQL
- Knowledge in developing Web API (RESTful API, SOAP Web Service)
- Knowledge of Web Application development using HTML5/Angular/React framework is a plus
- Knowledge of agile methodology or Devops framework is a plus
- Strong analytical mindset, attention to details, critical thinking, solution oriented, think out of the box
- Passion for innovation, technology and building system from the ground-up
- Professional attitude: Self-motivated, fast learner, team player, independent, ability to handle multiple tasks and functional topic simultaneously
- PC skills: Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Strong team player and communication skills and a self-starter
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
The Information Technology Department provides and maintains IT solutions to support the business’s growth. Finance Risk and Market Data is a regional team with 80 people based in Hong Kong, covering the Asia Pacific region. The development team drives the IT solutions for the Finance department across Asia Pacific, covering specifically Accounting and Regulatory Reporting projects across the locations.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:2nd Sep 2021, 3:00 pm