Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients’ projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 10,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
The Client Lifecycle Intelligence and Digital (‘CLD’) department is the cross-business client management division of Global Banking and Investor Solutions (‘GBIS’). As part of the GBIS COO Service Unit, the GBS Cross Border Client Management Group is globally in charge of the client experience across the GBIS activities.
The department is particularly in charge of:
- (KYC) KYC due diligence for both on-boarding and periodic reviews.
- (RRD) Management of client reference & regulatory data.
- (COO) Project management.
The specific role is the New Client Onboarding KYC Case Lead, reporting directly to the Head of New Client Onboarding Global Markets in Hong Kong.
The Case Lead/Client Outreach Team is the interface between clients and internal key stakeholders. As a dedicated point of contact, the team is responsible for the maintenance of our existing clients by identifying KYC requirements and collecting all required documents. The team is also the main point of contact for KYC related matters for our different business lines in the region. Responsibilities include supporting the business lines, managing their priorities and providing transparency of the process. The team provides advisory services internally and externally and should be well versed in the latest KYC and regulatory requirements and how they are applied within our organization.
What You Will Do
- Collect documentation from Clients and provide guidance and support.
- Set regular meetings with key Clients for follow up.
- Manage business priorities while at the same time providing transparency and visibility.
- Lead performance meetings with internal Onboarding stakeholders and business.
- Production of dashboards on a regular basis to inform all stakeholders on the status of their onboarding.
- Produce reports for follow up, pipeline management and KPI monitoring.
- Assist in managing a dedicated mailbox for the onboarding process.
- Provide cross coverage on all team functions.
- Provide assistance and expertise to FO and Clients on the client onboarding process.
- Comply with all Risk and regulatory obligations where relevant.
- Participates in key projects linked to onboarding.
- 4-eye check & validation of KYC files to ensure that it is in line with policy and procedure.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Hold a relevant bachelor's or master's degree.
- Some work experience in AML/KYC Due Diligence are will be an advantage.
- Client facing skills – ability to speak to the client on regular basis and provide accurate and efficient information.
- Ability to explain clearly to the client the requirements for the client onboarding process.
- Ability to understand the client structure and the structure of a financial transaction.
- Understanding of key issues in relation to AML risk, ability to identify relevant sources of information.
- Strong interest in learning local AML/KYC regulatory and compliance matters.
- Strong interest in KYC or client onboarding roles in a broker or investment bank environment.
- Analytical skills and the ability to work autonomously. Ability to work under pressure and handle difficult conversations. Demonstrated ability to prioritize and work within tight and changeable timeframes.
- Ability to challenge the Business Lines in cases where the onboarding capacity cannot handle the current pipeline, able to identify the high priority cases vs the standard ones.
- Ability to build and cultivate good working relationships with Business Lines and Clients.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, sense of service, and flexibility are essential requirements.
- The position requires effectiveness, team spirit and an ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Transversal knowledge of the services and products of the corporate and investment banking sector. Specific knowledge of SG group is an advantage.
- Eagerness to learn and to keep abreast of AML/KYC latest issues and requirements.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, Mandarin, Cantonese. Other languages are a plus.
- Comfortable to work in an international, multi-cultural environment and team.
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full-time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:24th Jun 2020, 6:00 pm