Core responsibilities include:
- Accountable for the quality of client KYC files by ensuring all the global and local regulatory requirements are fulfilled
- Adopt a standard checklist to ensure a consistent checking approach
- Ensure proper record management of client KYC files and evidences in the SG client and KYC information systems
- Provide feedback to case leads, makers of the checking anomalies, proactively monitor their repair progress and verify once fixed
- Ensure weekly productivity targets are met while quality remains at the highest standards, and actively communicate progress to the required stakeholders and management
- Act as a point of contact for quality control matters to all internal and external stakeholders to CLD (e.g. makers, checkers, QA, Compliance, business and audit)
- Be adaptable to assist checking cases across NBO and ECM (periodic reviews and trigger events), different business lines, different risk ratings and different client types
- Review the anomalies identified during the permanent supervision and quality assurance cycle and discuss the findings in a collaborative manner
- Ensure all the actions generated from the daily/weekly/monthly control reports are acted upon by the due dates
- Collaborate with other teams and contribute to initiatives aimed at automation and efficiency gains
- Work with peers to minimise rework and redundancy across APAC CLD
- A recent graduate (2020 or 2021) with a Bachelors or Masters degree
- Demonstrate the capacity to work in a team environment on collective success
- Display responsibility and act ethically
- Display commitment, demonstrating consideration for other
- Good attention to details along with an open and investigative mind-set, able
- Eager to learn and willing to work on a variety of assignments
- Ability to adapt quickly to challenging situations and find innovation solutions
- Highly motivated self-starter, eager to learn and willing to work on a variety of assignments
- Fluent in English and Japanese, excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge in Chinese is preferred, not mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
The Client Lifecycle & Digital Department (CLD) resides as part of the Wholesale Clients Technology & Operations division within Global Banking and Investor Solutions (GBIS).
CLD’s mission is to deliver a state-of-the art digital platform, targeting both users and clients in covering pre-trade, execution and post-trade activities. CLD aims to grow our internal client knowledge and deliver a user-friendly experience through the client lifecycle, while mitigating risk to protect the bank. The department consists of the following teams:
- Existing Client Management - responsible for managing and completing all KYC reviews, including periodic reviews, trigger events and remediation
- New Business Onboarding - responsible for managing and completing all new client onboarding activities
- Client Experience Management - responsible for providing our key clients with bespoke service, and acts as a final escalation point to address client incidents and requests
- CLD Controls Office - responsible for managing operational risk and controls, audit inspections, advisory, training & procedures, quality controls and quality assurance
- Projects - responsible for management and delivery of day-to-day activities, as well as change initiatives impacting CLD
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:7th Nov 2021, 3:00 pm