Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients’ projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 10,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
The General Inspection and Internal Audit Division (IGAD) is the third line of defense, which conduct independent audits of operational entities in an objective, thorough and impartial approach. The Trainee will assist in performing audit missions for market activities in Asia, providing an independent and objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the management systems and controls.
What You Will Do
- Understand the business thoroughly, across its different business lines and locations.
- Use data analytics technique for some investigation works.
- Contribute to develop new tools and processes to increase audit capacity and efficiency.
- Monitor continuously its evolution thanks to regular interaction with business partner.
- Report audit findings/reviews to management, recommending appropriate and practical actions to address any issues identified.
- Participate to the knowledge sharing initiatives amongst the market activities auditors team worldwide.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Engineering, Business or similar.
- Preferably, has working experience in market activities: Front Office, Operations (Middle and Back Office), Risk controls.
- Preferably, has programming skills (VBA, Python…).
- Knowledge of investment banking and financial products including derivatives and of related rules and regulations.
- Good analytical skills, at ease with data.
- Good communication, presentation and report writing skills.
- Positive attitude and able to work with all level of staff.
- Creativity in doing audit (e.g. Identifying the key risk, designing smart controls…).
- Fluent English is mandatory, fluent Mandarin/Cantonese preferred.
This is a fixed term 12-month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full-time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:30th Jun 2020, 6:00 pm