The role requires close co-operation with worldwide teams and various departments in the region. The principal missions of the position would consist of:
- Monitor risk metrics and certification to suit the needs within the local regulatory context in Asia
- Provide coverage and governance around local specific risk certification process
- Enhance coverage within the region on global XBC process including market risk, counterparty credit risk, XVA, RWA, Margining, and PNL etc.
- Assist with other regulatory topics as required
- Hold a relevant Bachelor or Masters degree in Finance, Risk management, Engineering, Mathematics or similar
- Understanding of global market activities and OTC derivatives
- Enterprising, curious, pro-active, rigorous, team spirit
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Strong Excel skill required and VBA/Python programming skill preferred
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements is a plus
- Fluent English with excellent written skills is mandatory, with other Asian languages/French would be a plus
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
The RISK department at SG Hong Kong is looking for an intern to join the Metrics & Consolidation (XBC) team under RISKS ON MARKET ACTIVITIES AND ALM (RMA). An ideal candidate should have good understanding of different derivatives and the underlying risk. Knowledge of or experience with VBA coding and international regulations will be a plus.
The Cross Business Consolidation Team mandate mainly consists of the following:
- Market Risk and Counterparty Credit Risk Certification
- Initial Margin Certification
- PnL Certification
As the regional hub of Asia Pacific, the RISK/RMA function covers Rates, Equities, Commodities, FX, MM in countries such as Hong Kong, Singapore, Korea, Japan, Taiwan, India, China and Australia.
(CROs) across the region.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Student Visa, Other,...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:26th Jun 2021, 3:00 pm