Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients’ projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
We are looking for a passionate Trainee to join us - The successful candidate will work closely with our Trading Desk & Development Team, to turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
By joining the “Quantitative Market Making” team - You will work in a multicultural environment. You will join a dynamic team, encouraging exploration and implementation of cutting-edge technologies and ideas, with a flat management structure.
What You Will Do
- Acquire data from different data sources (primary or secondary) and maintain databases/data systems.
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports and performance indicators to locate and correct code issues / data-related problems.
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide comprehensive data reports.
- Improve databases, data collection systems and data analytics that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data set.
- Work closely with Traders to use the data/results in the quantitative market making strategies/research.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Hold a Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Finance, Information Technology, Data Analytics or similar.
- Good programming skills (Python, Java, or C#), experience on analytics libraries is a strong advantage.
- Good knowledge about data management (modern database, SQL) & visual analytics (i.e. Elastic Search, Grafana).
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, orange, analyse and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to details and accuracy.
- Knowledge on Equity and Equities Derivatives will be a plus.
- High willingness to learn, share and adopt different ideas.
- A good team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluent English is mandatory.
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Computer Science, Data...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:6th May 2020, 6:00 pm