SG CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Societe Generale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. SG CIB provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
The Research Trainee will be based in Hong Kong. The successful candidate will be given a firsthand experience of mainly quantitative strategy research within the field of investment banking. He will help the quantitative team in its research work and will have a dedicated research topic on the forecast of the volatility of financial indices. This position offers the opportunity to work with one of the best ranked teams within quantitative research in investment banking. The team is based in multiple geographies and works closely with the front-office business lines.
What you will do
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
- Help the quantitative research team in its research work
- Manage the production of model screeners and analytics
- Assist the team in handling client requests and bespoke research
Analyse different models to forecast the volatility of financial indices
- Classical econometric models like GARCH and asymmetric GARCH models
- Use of intraday data
- Use of exogenous data and analysis of different machine learning regression algorithms to forecast the volatility
Required Skills and Abilities
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Finance or similar
- Strong programming skills (R, Python)
- Knowledge in statistics, machine learning and big data
- Open and inquisitive mind, strong interest in research
- Strong team work and communication skills
- Able to build good working relationships with colleagues
- Able to deal with a quickly changing environment in a calm and efficient manner
- A flexible approach to work
- Able to work under pressure, prioritize different tasks and requirements
- Able to take responsibility and work independently
- Fluent English is mandatory
- Job Type:Graduate jobs
Statistics, Mathematics, Banking and Finance
- Position Type:Full time
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:19th February 2018, 6:00 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.