Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients’ projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 10,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialized financial services.
The trainee will join the trading room within the Corporate Structured Hedging and Advisory team.
This Team is Dedicated to:
- Structure and sell Commodities, Interest rates & Forex Derivatives solutions to corporate clients in Asia Pacific.
- Advise key clients on their general or exceptional risk management issues (Hedging policy / Market risks arising from specific and unusual corporate transactions).
What You Will Do
The trainee will assist the sales team in their day-to-day activity and operations. In particular:
- Assist in preparing commercial/marketing materials, market comments or bespoke analysis.
- Gather public and internal client information (e.g. financial statements, annual reports or internal documents) to figure out clients’ key characteristics, exposure/sensitivity to different market risks to source opportunities and offer appropriate solutions and recommendations.
- Run pricing, risk simulations and profitability analysis.
- Perform operational and regulatory related tasks.
This Role will Enable the Candidate to:
- Strengthen and apply theoretical knowledge in Financial Markets and Derivative Products across several underlyings (Commodities, FX and interest rates), Structured Financing as well as Corporate Finance.
- Liaise with various departments of the bank, including back and middle office, legal and compliance departments, structuring and engineering teams, traders, financing business lines, economic and strategic research, credit analysis team.
- Discover and learn the technical and commercial aspects required to perform a Sales position in the Financial Markets industry.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Economics or similar.
- Sound knowledge of Financial markets and derivatives products (Commodities, FX and interest rates).
- Sound knowledge of Corporate Finance and Financial Analysis.
- Reliable - Complying with local rules, regulations and internal guidelines is critical in the Banking industry.
- Analytical skills and ability to convey key messages in a very clear and simple manner.
- Ability to produce high quality presentations with attention to detail.
- Proactive - The trainee will support all the team and do his best to bring solutions and solve problems.
- Team spirit - The team works across different countries, with many different departments so cooperation and team spirit is of essence.
- Fluent English and Mandarin is mandatory.
This is a fixed term 12-month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full-time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Economics
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:2nd Jun 2020, 6:00 pm