Societe Generale* is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognised on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams.
Societe Generale in Asia Pacific
Societe Generale’s first presence in Asia dates back from the 19th century. Today, we have offices in 12 locations across Asia Pacific.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ close to 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, specialised financial services, trade finance and cash management services.
Societe Generale Corporate and Investment Bank in Asia is investing in its digital capabilities and data to boost its business development. You will be part of those initiatives under the sponsorship of high level managers of the bank.
What You Will Do
- Developing responsible and innovative financial solutions through the use of data and technology
- Reporting to the Innovation Lead, you will coordinate with a wide range of business stakeholders and operational teams to implement technical and /or data driven solutions to address their needs and use your solution to bring direct business value .
- We are looking for an intern with prior experience in Data Science / ML / AI-related projects with the relevant technical skills and would like to work on Data and AI use cases in the banking and financial services industry
- During your assignment you will be responsible to:
- Work with the business teams and sponsor to identify issues, challenge requirements and advise on the good solutions using a data driven approach
- Identify, investigate and explore relevant internal or external data sources / datasets / technologies to answer those objectives
- Conduct exploratory data analysis to identify patterns, trends and discover insights in order to refine the objectives and identify most effective solutions
- Implement the appropriate solution (BI dashboard, machine learning model, POC API) to answer those objectives
- Propose improvements to the business, sponsors and stakeholders based on the interpretations of the results in a clear and compelling way.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Students in their second or penultimate year of undergraduate studies
- A degree with a major/ minor in the following is preferred:
- Data Science / Business Analytics
- Mathematics, Statistics or Economics
- Computer Science or Information Systems
- Previous academic knowledge or corporate internship experience is a plus along with:
- A good knowledge of scripting languages (must have at least Python and common libraries such as Scikit-Learn) used for data preparation, data analysis purposes or API development.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence solutions (such as MS Power BI, Tableau, Tibco SpotFire etc. ) will be a strong plus
- Implementation of Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning algorithms
- Analytical and problem-solving mindset, with an inclination to think out of the box
- Excellent level of written and verbal communication in English
- Ability to simplify complex ideas
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to cooperate and be a good team player
- Self-motivated with a “can do” attitude
- Result-oriented and exhibit sense of accountability
- Willing to learn and develop new skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Behavioral Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to Cooperate
- Technological & Digital Savvy
- Simplification Mindset
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Data Science and Analytics,...
- Closing Date:16th Feb 2021, 6:00 pm