What We Offer
Our Graduate Program is a two-year elite program with the following aims:
- Provide you with a unique opportunity to kick off your dream career
- Build solid foundations for your future growth and development
- Give you a chance to contribute to the development and success of the bank
During the two-year program, intensive and comprehensive talent management approach will be adopted to develop your skills and professional expertise:
Structured Training Curriculum
Strong emphasis is put on the value of direct education, with a structured curriculum throughout the two years designed to continuously develop your technical, inter-personal and presentation skills. This will come in the form of classroom training, in-house sharing sessions and e-learning modules.
This will include coaching, multi-source feedback, Mentor-mentee Scheme, buddy system, opportunities to interact with members of senior management and a range of valuable networking opportunities. You will have regular access to Human Resources Business Partners and business leaders for coaching and advice, while constructive feedback will enable you to measure your performance.
We believe that learning through doing is a vital step to develop your expertise. As such, through our program you will take on functional attachments (through potential rotations) before moving into the long-term job placement that will the best correspond to your competencies and personality.
After successful completion of the two-year program, Graduates will be on track for increased responsibilities and career growth opportunities. You will integrate into one specific team which corresponds the best to your profile within the bank.
The Singapore Program is catered to our Global Markets activities.
You will be part of the Global Markets group which brings together the Equities, Fixed Income & Currencies capabilities with the objective of providing clients with one integrated multi-asset market solutions team.
You may take on two to three rotations amongst the following teams.
For your first rotation, you will join the following transversal functions:
- Business Management Office
Depending on your profile, you will follow either a Sales Stream OR a Trading Stream for the following rotation(s).
For the Sales Stream, the next rotation(s) will be:
- As a Sales Assistant, you will service different types of clientele (Hedge Funds & Fast Money, Corporates, Banks Desk) or asset classes (Fixed Income, Credit, FX, Cash Equity, Equity Derivatives).
For the Trading Stream, the next rotation(s) will be:
- As a Trading Assistant, you will support the desks covering Flow Products, or Prime Brokerage activities within any of the asset classes covered by our Singapore teams (Fixed Income, FX, Listed and OTC Equities).
We are looking for top-notched university graduates with the following attributes and competencies
- Bachelor’s degree or above from an accredited university with excellent academic results
- Fresh graduates or candidates with less than one year’s working experience after graduation
- Passionate for a long-term career development in the banking industry
- Strong leadership potential and interpersonal skills
- Good commercial acumen
- Superior analytical, critical-thinking and communications skills
- Self-motivated, mature, and possessing a strong drive for excellence
- Open to different ideas and cultures and enjoy being part of a team
- Ability to solve problems and propose new ideas
- Good coding skills (for example VBA and/or Python) is a plus
- Excellent command of English, other languages is a plus
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 12 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Singapore Citizen, Singapore Permanent Resident
- Closing Date:31st Dec 2020, 3:59 pm