Societe Generale* is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognised on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams.
Societe Generale has been playing a vital role in the economy for 150 years. With more than 145,000 employees, based in 66 countries, we serve on a daily basis 31 million clients throughout the world. Societe Generale’s teams offer advice and services to individual, corporate and institutional customers in three core businesses:
- Retail banking in France with the Societe Generale branch network, Credit du Nord and Boursorama, offering a comprehensive range of multi-channel financial services at the leading edge of digital innovation;
- International retail banking, insurance and financial services to corporates with a presence in developing economies and leading specialised businesses;
- Corporate and investment banking, private banking, asset management and securities services, with recognised expertise, top international rankings and integrated solutions.
Societe Generale is a recognized leading player in energy project finance worldwide. A sector-focused approach allows us to provide innovative financing solutions for our clients, who range from major resource companies, state-owned entities, utilities, and innovative project developers. We are playing a key role in financing the energy transition, meeting Societe Generale’s commitment to make a Euro 100 billion contribution towards a lower carbon future.
This is a 6 months’ internship with Societe Generale in Singapore. In order to apply for an internship opportunity with us please ensure you are currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and are available for the 6 month period.
What you will do
- Evaluation and modelling of the economics of energy projects in the Asia Pacific region
- Supervised contribution to credit applications for major financing transactions
- Industry research and due diligence in support of current financing mandates
- Using internal tools to process client take-on procedures, rating and profitability evaluations
- Support to management for internal monitoring and reporting
- Impeccable compliance with conduct rules and guidelines
- Contribution to business development activities of the team
Required Skills and Abilities
Academic Background and Certifications, Experience:
- Currently studying towards a Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Economics, or an Engineering discipline
- Demonstrate the capacity to work in a team environment, on collective success
- Display responsibility and act ethically
- Display commitment, demonstrating consideration for others
- Knowledge of energy markets in the Asia Pacific region
- Ability to apply innovative solutions to real-world scenarios
- Fluent English is mandatory
- Interpersonal Skills
- Sensible to Risks
- Ability to Cooperate
- Collective Mindset
- Technological & Digital Savvy
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Economics, Engineering
- Closing Date:16th Jul 2019, 6:00 pm