Societe Generale is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognised on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams.
Societe Generale is fully aware of the responsibility of being bankers. Our Group has a leading role to play in helping build greener and more inclusive development models, and to enable the emergence of new sustainable growth drivers.
The mandate of the CSR Office is to align our activities with the CSR and sustainability vision of the Asia Executive Committee and the Group, and to ensure that CSR and sustainability become an integral part of our strategy in the Asia Pacific.
What You Will Do
The candidate will be part of a team based in Singapore. This is a regional APAC role. He/She will work closely with teams in our APAC offices, including Hong Kong, Beijing and Tokyo. He/She will also work with other areas of the bank such as sustainable finance, compliance, credit risk management and market risk management.
- Assist in the elaboration of our CSR and sustainability roadmap in APAC.
- Assist in sustainability reporting and support to management for internal monitoring and reporting.
- Internal and external presence support, curating CSR and sustainability news, deals and developments in APAC.
- Support the integration of ESG risk factors into SGs risk management processes as well as to generate new policy developments, with a strong focus on the energy and ecological transition.
- Sustainability research and due diligence in support of our activities.
- Supporting our business teams as required in their Sustainable and Positive Impact Finance and Responsible Investment offerings (e.g., ESG integration, Impact Investing, new products, internal and external stakeholder outreach).
- Impeccable compliance with conduct rules and guidelines.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently studying towards a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Sustainability or Environmental Sciences, Law, Renewable Energy, Business, Finance or a related technical field or equivalent.
- Demonstrates the capacity to work in a team environment, on collective success.
- Knowledge of one or more of current sustainability issues: e.g., climate change, energy transition, biodiversity, food systems, human rights/anti-slavery, financial inclusion, sustainable cities.
- Experience in sustainability issues or interventions in the Asia Pacific region an advantage.
- Ability to apply innovative solutions to real-world scenarios.
- Fluent English is mandatory.
- Ability to manage workload and deadlines.
- Self-starter with a strong attention to detail.
- Analytical skills and ability to summarize key messages.
- Keeps abreast of evolving sustainability trends.
- Collective Mindset.
- Interpersonal Skills.
- Technological & Digital Savvy.
- Sensible to Risks.
- Simplification Mindset.
This is a 3-month internship with Societe Generale in Singapore whereby you will work within the CSR Office for the period on sustainability matters. In order to apply for an internship opportunity with us please ensure you are currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and are available for the 3-month period.
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
- Closing Date:2nd Mar 2021, 6:00 pm