Part of your life. Part of tomorrow.
We make life easier, safer and greener – with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world – we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
At the core of Societe Generale’s universal banking business model, the Corporate & Investment Bank is a well-diversified and leading player with around 12 000 professionals and a commercial offer in 37 countries with extensive European coverage and representative offices in Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Africa, the Americas and the Asia-Pacific region.
Standing by its clients across sectors, the Corporate & Investment Bank offers bespoke financial solutions combining innovation, advisory services and high execution quality in four areas of expertise: investment banking, financing, market activities and investor services.
- For Corporates, Financial Institutions, Sovereigns and the Public Sector: strategic advice on their development (M&A, debt, capital structure, and asset & liability management), as well as capital market access to finance this development and hedge their risks notably in the realm of foreign exchange and rates.
- For Investors: offering reliable and sound investment opportunities and risk management solutions through its integrated platform delivering comprehensive access to markets (fixed income, credit, foreign exchange, commodity markets, equity, and derivatives), as well as advice and financial engineering, quality of execution, forward-looking research, and an industry-leading clearing proposition & prime brokerage services.
Societe Generale has offices in 11 countries across Asia Pacific where we employ close to 8,000* employees in the region. Our regional headquarters is in Hong Kong and the hub for our South East Asia businesses is in Singapore where we have been since 1979. Our main businesses here are corporate and investment banking and global transaction banking.
What you will do
- We are looking to appoint a new or recent graduate (with less than 1 year of working experience) for our Coverage and Investment Banking activities in Singapore offering an initial one year traineeship program.
- Support and work closely with Corporate Banking Relationship Managers (RMs)
- Support RMs on client pitch books, deal/transaction pipeline, deal closing and execution, preparation for client meetings
- Perform account opening/closing, new client on-boarding (including KYC) & loan pricing/profitability simulations
- Assist and manage client’s ongoing activities and enquiries on accounts and transactions
- Conduct researches/analysis and prepare documentations and reports (such as company profile, briefing notes, presentations and etc)
- Coordinate with other departments of the Bank to ensure seamless delivery to client requirements
- Perform basic financial spreading for credit rating purposes
Required Skills and Abilities
- Recently completed a degree in Banking, Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics
- Due to the client coverage, we are ideally looking for a fresh grad who is effective in English, Mandarin and French
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple assignments from different team members concurrently while prioritizing the duties assigned
- A team player that is self-driven, responsive, positive attitude, resourceful and able to work independently
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Experience with using Bloomberg would be an added advantage
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business...
- Closing Date:9th Apr 2019, 6:00 pm