Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
The role is a fantastic opportunity to work in one of the leading brokerage houses in the world and to learn key functions within the Operations environment. The successful candidate will be required to be able to quickly learn to contribute and to execute tasks under pressure and involving significant financial impact in multiple products and across borders.
The successful candidate will join the Listed Derivatives Operation team in Singapore. The scope of the activities covers trade processing, position management and regulatory reporting in the major exchanges in APAC. Initial focal point will be the Japanese exchanges, once the candidate demonstrates good knowledge base, job scope will be extended to handle other APAC exchanges.
Exchanges coverage: JPX, TFX, TOCOM, SGX, ASX, HKEX, MDEX, TFEX, TAIFEX.
This position will be based in Singapore, however, there is an opportunity for the provision of 2-3 months’ training in Japan.
What you will do
Reporting to the Listed Derivatives Operations Team Manager in Singapore, the successful candidate’s responsibilities in Listed Derivatives will include (but is not limited to):
- Ensuring all trade breaks are investigated and resolved on a timely basis
- Ensuring all position & expiries management are completed within exchange cutoff time
- Ensuring all regional regulatory reporting is completed accurately and on a timely basis
- Ensuring all key controls are completed appropriately and on a timely basis
- Ensuring policies and procedures are followed and maintained
- Responsible for timely and appropriate communication to respective teams regionally as well as with global teams
- Undertaking different projects & process review initiatives, as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities
Academic Background And Certifications, Experience
- Degree holder in Finance or Business management or equivalent
- Some experience in Futures and Options Operations, Treasury funding an advantage
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Access, Word, Powerpoint, VBA
- Fluent English & Japanese, written and spoken (mandatory) due to coverage of the Japanese exchanges
- Capability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure
- Strong analytical and numerical skills. Keen eye for details
- Enthusiastic and self motivated
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Self starter, and ability to work independently
- Inquisitive and have desire to learn
- Flexible working hours to cover both early and late shift
- Ability to Cooperate
- Interpersonal Skills
- Demonstrate Empathy and Foster Mutual Trust
- Willing to Learn and Develop Skills
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
- Closing Date:20th May 2019, 6:00 pm