Societe Generale is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognized on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams.
Societe Generale has been playing a vital role in the economy for 150 years. With more than 145,000 employees, based in 66 countries, we serve on a daily basis 31 million clients throughout the world.
Societe Generale’s teams offer advice and services to individual, corporate and institutional customers in three core businesses:
- Retail banking in France with the Societe Generale branch network, Credit du Nord and Boursorama, offering a comprehensive range of multi-channel financial services at the leading edge of digital innovation.
- International retail banking, insurance and financial services to corporates with a presence in developing economies and leading specialized businesses.
- Corporate and investment banking, private banking, asset management and securities services, with recognized expertise, top international rankings and integrated solutions.
What You Will Do
- Assisting in the production (data, analysis, writing) of fundamental and quantitative research on asset markets.
- Monitoring regional and global macroeconomic trends and their impact on FX and interest rate markets.
- Developing and maintaining quantitative tools and statistical models for analyzing and forecasting asset markets.
- Helping to identify trading opportunities across asset classes.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree minimum; Economics, engineering, mathematical, quantitative, financial engineering background a plus.
- Previous research experience a plus, but not mandatory.
- Some knowledge of programming (python or R) a plus.
- Motivation to learn about financial markets and a good team spirit.
- Strong knowledge in market finance, mathematics or economics.
- Very strong knowledge of excel.
- Good writing skills and an excellent attention to detail.
- Assist with compiling and analyzing macroeconomic and financial market data.
- Contribute to the analysis and interpretation of research studies.
- Be an independent self-starter and be able to work accurately under time constraints.
- Interpersonal Skills.
- Ability to Cooperate.
- Embody the Group's Values.
- Willing to Learn and Develop Skills.
- Technological & Digital Savvy.
This is a fixed term 12-month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full-time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics
- Closing Date:5th Nov 2020, 6:00 pm