S&P Global Platts 2020 Commodity Summer Internship Program is a 10 week summer training program commencing in June 2020. S&P Global Platts are seeking intern candidates that will be involved in working directly with one or more price reporting teams across oil, natural gas, power, petrochemicals, shipping and agriculture.
The intern will gain exposure on how to generate the content that powers Platts price assessments and news produced for the markets we cover. As a part of the internship, candidates will have the opportunity to learn about the market reporting and price formation processes in addition to learning to generate and news coverage. Interns will be heavily involved in project based work supporting the business with its key initiatives.
The Team/The Business:
You will be part of a global team in Platts Content and will be considered a specialist in the market(s) you will be working in. We are looking for high achievers from a diverse pool of undergraduate & postgraduate institutions that are passionate about the commodities market and reporting and want to develop their career in a dynamic, high performing and multicultural team. We are looking for interns who are able to work well within a team and can demonstrate exceptional learning agility, creativity and problem solving ability.
- Our real-time news, pricing and analytical services help markets operate with transparency and efficiency.
- Be part of a global company with a strong history of growth and a globally diverse workforce with 20 offices spanning five continents.
- Be known as a respected source of essential information and part of a renowned brand.
- Get the best of both worlds: a nimble, highly specialized company and a business casual culture with the benefits and backing of S&P Global – a company that fosters development and growth, as well as work-life balance.
- We are looking for world-class thinkers to join our team at S&P Global Platts, the principal provider of commodity price assessment and information to more than 10,000 customers in 150 countries.
- The content you generate and the relationships you build are essential to the markets.
- Market reporters provide insightful market commentaries that demonstrate Platts' thought leadership in the market, demonstrating our ability to spot key trends that help customers better anticipate market-moving events and phenomenon.
What You Will Do
What’s In It For You:
- 10-week summer internship commencing in June 2020.
- Training – including Basics of Market Reporting & Editorial Standards and new training on editing reporting, writing and media law.
- Opportunity to learn about various aspects of Oil, Power, Natural Gas, LNG, Coal, Petrochemicals, Metals, Agriculture and/or Shipping markets.
- Exposure to a number of market subjects including supply and demand, infrastructure issues, geo-political issues, transportation and regulation, and how these subjects impact respective markets.
- Shadow experienced market reporters in assigned markets.
- Receive hands-on research and reporting experiences and conduct research and writing assignments for potential publication.
- Should you meet expectations and perform well, you will be offered the opportunity to join the graduate program at the end of the internship.
- Rotations and placements are based on business needs and determined by the business.
- Identify drivers moving the daily markets.
- Learn and demonstrate successful interviewing techniques and how to obtain data for commentary.
- Write concise, informative commentary.
- Verify source information through appropriate channels.
- Learn and demonstrate understanding of Platts Market on Close assessment process.
- Complete all assigned news training modules and foundational training to learn about the commodity market. Shadow an experienced price reporter in assigned markets.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Fully matriculated students maintaining a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Postgraduate & Undergraduate students in their penultimate year of studies ONLY.
- All degrees welcome - Concentration in Journalism, Communications, Business, Marketing, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Engineering, or energy related disciplines preferred.
- Strong communication (good verbal skills, listening techniques, and a clear, concise writing style).
- Able to learn quickly, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Understand the importance of building strong relationships and partnering with team members.
- Problem-solving, time-management, attention to detail & organizational abilities to work efficiently with clients.
- Intellectually curious; the ability to learn quickly.
- Some knowledge of social media and web technologies (e.g. HTML).
- Significant comfort level with suite of Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint Excel).
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
- Closing Date:20th Feb 2020, 6:00 pm