Risk & Conduct, Financial Crime and Compliance (RCFCC)
All employees of Standard Chartered are risk managers and take responsibility for the risks in our area of work. This is the Bank’s first line of defence. The second is our Risk & Conduct, Financial Crime and Compliance function.
We believe that a healthy risk culture is one where we identify current and future risks effectively, discuss them openly and take prompt actions.
Working with teams across the Bank, Risk and Compliance colleagues take a constructive approach to providing oversight and challenge and make clear decisions in a timely manner. We’re nurturing a diverse and inclusive working environment where colleagues are accountable, open to challenge and feel safe using their judgment to make considered decisions. You can be part of our map to future success, breaking down silos and building out our diversity to drive better insights and decision making.
About the programme
The Formal Internship Programme is the Bank’s structured Internship programme. As an intern, in the summer before your final year as a student, you'll work directly on real world problems to hone your skills, create lasting relationships and learn about your strengths. The Formal Internship Programme is intended to create a pipeline to the International Graduate Programme.
- Internships is a 10-week program, depending on location, and are open to candidates who are available to start on our full-time graduate programmes in September 2021.
- Internships typically take place during June – August, depending on location.
- 10-week program will involve on-the-job training and an innovation project which exposes you to the inner workings of our business to provide real work experience.
- You’ll be paired up with a buddy from the International Graduate (IG) Programme and to set you up for success during your internship and provide you insights into what could be your next role as an IG.
- You’ll be assigned a mentor whom will provide you with ongoing guidance and mentorship throughout the internship.
- High performing Interns will be eligible for placement in the Bank’s International Graduate Programme.
Required Skills and Abilities
To apply for an Internship position, you must have the legal right to work on a permanent basis in the country for which you’re applying for the full duration of the internship. If you’re applying in the US, you must have the legal right to work on a permanent basis. If candidates are applying for a role in the UAE, we may consider applications from nationals of Middle Eastern and North African countries.
Interns must be in their penultimate (second to last) year of undergraduate study. We will accept internship applications from final year students who are required to complete mandatory National or Military service after graduation.
The Bank does not sponsor work permits for the purposes of Internships.
All Interns participating in the Bank’s Formal Internship Programme will be evaluated during 10thweek of employment. Evaluations will be used in final recruitment decisions for the International Graduate Programme with an aim to provide an offer before the internship is completed.
- Job type:Internships
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:20th Oct 2019, 6:00 pm