At Standard Chartered Financial Markets, we are differentiated by our extensive global footprint, an intimate appreciation of the local markets we are present in and diversified expertise. We offer our clients risk management, financing and investment needs through bespoke solutions and trusted relationships. Our strengths include trading foreign exchange, rates, credit and commodity products, and arranging debt issuance, augmented by our award-winning Research Team and eCommerce Capabilities and delivered through our dedicated Sales Teams.
As an International Graduate in the Financial Markets, you will be focused in your chosen business stream, while training and business rotations into connected streams will give real context to your role. You will gain hands-on experience across four rotations, where you are an integral part of a team to help deliver solutions for our customers.
Here are some projects you could be involved in:
- Analyze and create pitchbooks, confirming client deals and coordinating client events as part of our Sales teams.
- Price, test, develop and roll-out new products as part of our Structuring teams.
- Provide insights on balance sheet movements, report changes in liquidity profiles and track Trading desk funding profiles as part of our ALM teams.
- Support lead desk members executing and inputting hedging trades and provide pricing to sales desks as part of our Trading Teams.
- Exposure to FM management and other trading desk across your tenor through interactive sessions enabling you to start developing a holistic overview of the Financial Markets business.
Your Career Progression:
At the end of your 18-month programme, you’ll join a role within Financial Markets. This could be in areas such as:
- Capital Markets.
- Global Research.
- Financing & Securities Services.
What You Will Do
What You’ll Do Over 18 Months:
4 Weeks International Induction – This comprises of classroom sessions, case studies, and tailored technical training split by business stream.
11 Months Training Rotation – Your will spend three months in core product business and go on to broaden your experience with further two months rotations in coverage teams either Global Banking/Commercial Banking, two months in your respective ‘risk’ area and additional 4 months in products, coverage or other electives based on your interest.
6 Months Business Rotation – Your last rotation will be six months in your focus area in Financial Markets. It’s your chance to find the team you fit into best and begin your Standard Chartered career.
Required Skills and Abilities
You must have an undergraduate degree; we want and encourage applications from candidates from all degree disciplines. And as English is our business language, it needs to be at least one of those you speak fluently. These are our only requirements as our selection and assessment system is designed to measure strengths, fit to our business and cognitive agility, we do not shortlist based on your university and grades.
For our Graduate roles, you must have an undergraduate degree and be eligible to work permanently in the country that you are applying to. If you’re applying for a role in the UAE, we may consider applications from nationals of Middle East and North African countries.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:18th Nov 2020, 6:00 pm