A suite of banking solutions that are simple, smart and secure. Retail Banking is what most people think of when they hear the word "banking". It essentially covers all the products and services that the Bank provides to make day to day lives easier for everyone, be it:
- Payments - making it easier for online or direct purchases.
- Accounts and Deposit Offering – providing you simple, smarter and secure options to save and/or grow your money.
- Mortgages and Investments – offering a range of simple solutions for your residential and financial needs.
At Standard Chartered, Retail Banking serves over 9 million affluent and emerging affluent clients and small businesses in many of the world’s fastest growing cities across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Our focus is on serving the banking needs of these Priority, Business and Personal Clients with market-leading digital capabilities and best-in class products and services as we make banking simple, smarter and secure.
Explore the different teams. Get to learn and build your knowledge of what really drives our Retail business.
As a Retail Banking International Graduate, you will enjoy the broadest possible exposure to our key businesses. This could mean working within our digital team to determine the future client experience or within our customer experience area looking at what drives client satisfaction. You could work within our product and services teams to understand and develop new client propositions or even within our risk and controls management areas.
You will be fully supported to fulfill your potential, follow your passions with our specialist teams where you can:
- Manage and contribute to a revenue generating business.
- Lead client campaign and profitability analysis.
- Manage key strategic projects that impact different channels, segments and regions.
- Contribute to the design and development of global client acquisition programmes.
- Contribute to the development of Client Value Propositions.
- Initiate, coordinate, monitor and deliver projects.
- Develop, deploy and measure new marketing campaigns.
Whichever areas you have the opportunity to work within our Retail Bank, you’ll learn the importance of actively working together across the Bank to make things happen on projects and programmes, right from the start.
Your Career Progression:
Where each day is different from the next as we relentlessly improve the Banking experience for our clients, our partners and the regulators. With opportunities for continuous learning, early responsibility and extensive networking, you have 18 months before you join a role in one of our specialist teams within Retail Banking. This could be in areas such as:
- Campaign Management.
- Alliances and Mobile Marketing.
- Segment Development, Personal & Preferred Banking.
- Client Services.
- Digital Strategy and Planning.
- We're looking for innovators that will support, contribute and lead the future of Retail Banking.
What You Will Do
What You’ll Do Over 18 Months:
International Induction – This comprises of classroom sessions, case studies, and tailored technical training split by business stream.
12 Months Training Rotation – Your will spend five months in your focus area and go on to broaden your experience with further two months rotations in Financial Markets, Corporate Finance, Transaction Banking and Risk.
6 Months Business Rotation – Your last rotation will be six months in your focus area in Global Banking. It’s your chance to find the team you fit into best and begin your Standard Chartered career.
Required Skills and Abilities
You must have an undergraduate degree; we want and encourage applications from candidates from all degree disciplines. And as English is our business language, it needs to be at least one of those you speak fluently. These are our only requirements as our selection and assessment system is designed to measure strengths, fit to our business and cognitive agility, we do not shortlist based on your university and grades.
For our Graduate roles, you must have an undergraduate degree and be eligible to work permanently in the country that you are applying to. If you’re applying for a role in the UAE, we may consider applications from nationals of Middle East and North African countries.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:18th Nov 2020, 6:00 pm