As an Engineering Assistant Co-op for our Philadelphia Land Development Team, you will work in a team environment and have exposure to infrastructure projects which may include grading, utility, transportation, and hydrology. Candidates should be highly motivated and dependable students who are taking or have taken civil engineering design or construction management type courses. This is a terrific opportunity for a college student to support a number of exciting local projects.
What You Will Do
- Assisting Engineers and Designers in preparation of drawings and specifications as well as other documents for bid and construction with exposure to Urban Land Development, Public Green Stormwater
- Infrastructure Utilities, and Public Water and Sewer Utilities.
- Preparing and editing drawings on AutoCAD software.
- Performing stormwater calculations on HydroCAD.
- Development of overall construction plans including grading, erosion and sediment control plans.
- Complete other engineering/administrative duties as required.
Required Skills and Abilities
- In progress toward earning a Bachelor's degree (minimum) in Civil Engineering.
- Specific coursework or exposure to one or more of the following - Planning, design, construction infrastructure, and construction management.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Requires understanding of basic AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and take direction.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations, policies, and programs, are a plus.
- Job type:Internships
Engineering Civil Structural
Pennsylvania (United States...
- Closing Date:12th Sep 2019, 6:00 pm