iptiQ is a risk tech start-up within Swiss Re Group. Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
iptiQ provides digital, bespoke and transparent L&H and P&C protection products in a B2B2C manner. Founded in 2014, we're transforming the way consumers buy insurance with a unique digital insurance engine which incorporates the latest technology with world-class underwriting capabilities. We build strong partnerships to sell insurance via trusted brands.
iptiQ offers a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive.
Are you interested in joining us?
We are looking for graduates with strong interpersonal skills, who are eager to learn and broaden their knowledge and expertise. You have a Bachelor, Master or PhD degree with up to 3 years professional experience – we invite you to apply to our [email protected] programme 2022.
The programme offers you the chance to join the dynamic, fast-moving world of a leading risk knowledge organization. Over an 18-month period, you’ll receive on-and-off-the-job training, including a job rotation that gives you the opportunity to work across different business units.
The programme offers you the chance to join the dynamic, fast-moving world of a leading risk knowledge organisation.
Over an 18-month period, you’ll receive on-and-off-the-job training, including a job rotation that gives you the opportunity to work across different business units in which you will get further experience in another area of the company. With the rotation and classroom training Swiss Re will provide you the chance to meet and network with other graduates and employees from different Swiss Re units.
The training mainly focuses on technical skills as our business is highly specialized. It consists of three general training blocks for all graduates providing you with a combination of general business learning and basic technical modules. This training is aimed at the specific needs of the business function you are assigned to during the programme.
iptiQ APAC is a newly established Swiss Re business unit created with the specific objective of building large scale B2B2C revenue streams from across the region, with a focus on High Growth Markets and scalable opportunities. The business model will revolve around the creation of in country operations, appropriate to the regulatory and market environments in place. These operations will be tasked with delivering the relevant proposition, with an APAC Regional Office providing commercial incubation as well as regional governance & development support.
iptiQ puts the consumers' needs at the centre of what we do, aim to become a digital/direct champion and build expertise in data driven acquisition and management. We will use the Swiss Re network to access state of the art technologies and capabilities, combine it with local expertise and an innovative mind-set, constantly challenging current ways of offering insurance. Our aim is to drive the digital partnerships across the insurance value chain, combining insurance know-how and e-commerce competencies, with the dynamic spirit of a start-up.
This role reports into the Head of Corporate Development & Planning and will assist to support the CEO and the executive team. The team mandate will evolve as the APAC business grows and new opportunities arises. The job holder will be expected to demonstrate flexibility in thought and action when collaborating with various departments and local operating entities in executing different corporate development and planning initiatives.
What You Will Do
Key member of the Corporate Development & Planning team to assist in:
- Coordination and execution of variety of long-term, cross organizational projects.
- Prepare agenda and material for Management team meetings.
- Write strategy papers for Management teams and Board of Directors.
- Prepare Management reports and presentation material.
- Conduct deep dive researches and ad-hoc analysis for strategic opportunities and initiatives.
- Engage and manage consultants and vendors to communicate and manage deliverables .
- Plan partner events, employee functions, coordinates with executive assistant on logistics.
- Work with stakeholders in all leadership levels as well as cross departments, find common ground to build trust and inspire engagement towards corporate priorities.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Successfully completed university degree, preferably in Finance, Science (Math/Physics), Economics or equivalent.
- Well-organized and structured approach to problem solving and able to maintain high quality even under time pressure.
- Capacity to readily adapt to a changing and dynamic environment.
- Team-player, willingness to contribute actively to the overall team spirit.
- Approaches problems with curiosity and open-mindedness, is a fast learner.
- Ability and enthusiasm to work in a global and multicultural environment, and to be mobile in terms of workplace or location if required.
- Mature & self-confident; Able to work with clients, business partners or more experienced colleagues.
- Proven expertise to work independently and proactively.
- Strong analytical skills and can focus on details without losing track of the bigger picture.
- Excellent oral and written English skills; additional language skills advantageous, Mandarin.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, in particular PowerPoint and Excel.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Science
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:5th Oct 2021, 6:00 pm