Founded in 1884, The Hong Kong Jockey Club has become one of Hong Kong’s best known and respected organisations, providing the public with world-class sporting entertainment as well as being the city’s major non-Government community benefactor. Our contribution to the community is made possible through our unique, not-for-profit business model that channels the surplus proceeds from responsible gaming into community benefits. The Club is now donating over HK$3.6 billion a year to charitable and community projects through its Charities Trust. The Charities Department provides support to the Board of Trustees in the task of granting donations to various non-profit organizations in support of community projects, including arts and culture, sports and recreation, youth services, elderly services, environmental protection, medical and health, etc.
The Charities & Community Division offers internship opportunities for Master Degree students who are interested in the field of Charities and Philanthropy to support various charities projects.
- Support Charities Manager to handle grant applications or specified Trust- initiated Projects (TIPs) related to: Ageing, Children & Youth, Healthy Community, Talent Development, etc.
- Perform project research, data update and collection.
- Work collaboratively with project partners on project development and implementation including data analysis and reports.
- Provide support in the preparation of promotional and application materials.
- Assist daily operation and general administrative work.
You should be a current enrollment as a first or second-year Master Degree student with an expected completion date between 2021 and 2022, while you are available for a full-time or part-time internship during your programme.
- Prefer current Master Degree students majoring in: Business Administration; Business & Economics; Government & Administration; Medical & Health; Public Relations; Social Sciences; Communications & Journalism (or other related disciplines)
- Maintain a 3.0 or higher GPA.
- Minimum 2 years work experience (full-time and / or part-time).
- A genuine interest in developing a career in Charities & Philanthropy.
- Self-confidence, supported by a proactive approach to work.
- Good analytical, interpersonal and ability to analyze complex issues.
- Fluent communication skills in Cantonese & English (Putonghua is a plus).
- Being inspired by working in a collaborative professional environment.
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualification and experience.
For a part-time internship, you will be expected to work for 20 hours or above per week. Work days and schedules can be discussed to meet student class needs.
Candidate with good job performance will be considered for full time employment after graduation.
Application is currently open. Please apply with our Early Careers Online Application Form and submit your CV.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to go through further assessments.
- Job type:Internships
Business and Commerce, Communications, Economics, Government,...
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:7th Dec 2021, 8:04 am