Communications Internship Program
Communications is one of our strongest sectors:
Interns will learn how to deal with processes within companies through a range of communication mediums. These can include mass media outlets such as television broadcasting and social media. We offer communications internships in many areas. For example, you could be doing a PR internship in the largest PR firm in the UK, Bell Pottinger or in the internationally-renowned luxury lifestyle firm Quintessentially. You could also be doing marketing or logistics for the global drinks conglomerate Schweppes.
Interns have had the chance to liaise with journalists from top international magazines such as Vogue & mix with celebrities including Michael Phelps!
We also provide first class journalism & media internships:
We place our talented participants in newspapers, magazines, radio stations, television stations, and film production companies around the world. Journalism and media are notoriously competitive industries, and through our internships you will learn from top professionals in the sector. There is no substitute for hands-on experience in these fields, and this is exactly what our participants gain in large amounts. Some of our example partner companies include Guidepost, HKGFM, Henley Media, HPIC Media and Biteback Publishing.
What’s included in The Intern Group program:
- International Professional Internship
- Great Accommodation - choice of shared apartment or family home-stay
- All Transportation in-country (Madrid, Hong Kong & London only)
- Airport Pick Up
- A full range of regular cultural events and social activities
- Pre-arrival welcome pack
- Arrival welcome orientation
- A local mobile phone (Hong Kong & Latin America only)
- 24/7 Emergency support from our full time local staff
- Participation in our international community – we have between 10-150 participants in all our destinations at any time, providing you with an immediate, international network!
- From 4 weeks to 6 months (your choice)
- London - From £3,595
- New York - From $7,990 USD
- Hong Kong - From $5,505 USD
- Colombia - From $3,480 USD
- Shanghai - From $3,890 USD
- Madrid - From €3,670
- Dublin - From €3,990
- Toronto - From $7,890 CAD
- Chicago - From $7,200 USD
- Tokyo - From $4,800 USD
The Intern Group advantage:
Our program participants gain five main benefits:
- Gain a blue-chip international internship & develop your professional skills
- Boost your CV/Resume to future employers
- Have a fantastic and lasting life experience in a new and exhilarating country
- Improve your language skills (if applicable)
- Gain friends and professional networks from all over the world with our international community in all our program destinations!
Example Program Participant: Christine Brown, a University of Missouri student, talks about her communications internship: